Nordstrom
3.5 of 5 2,478 reviews
www.nordstrom.com Seattle, WA 5000+ Employees

As my first job in sales, Nordstrom gave me the customer care skills I needed to succeed in a more professional setting.

Salesperson (Former Employee)
Mission Viejo, CA

ProsNordstrom gives their salespeople cohesive training, with independence on the floor. Management gives guidance, but lets salespeople use their own methods to create meaningful relationships with customers. Good opportunities to make high commission.

ConsDepending on how strong your department team is, other salespeople can act like sharks. If your customers return anything, it comes out of your paycheck. Hours/schedules vary -- you might have to work very late.

Sales associate

Sales Associate (Current Employee)
    Chandler, AZ

I have been working at Nordstrom full-time for more than a year

Pros: Good company, great store management. Cons: Commission structure hard to meet due to constant returns Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

A great work environment for driven individuals.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Nordstrom

Pros: Commission based pay is always great because it motivated the sales associate to make money.… Cons: The training session lasted a lot longer then necessary. Some of the management… More
There are newer reviews on Nordstrom.

Worked for Nordstrom? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Nordstrom reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Nordstrom CEO Blake W. Nordstrom. All reviews posted anonymously by Nordstrom employees.