Nordstrom

www.nordstrom.com

Depends on your manager

Sales Associate (Former Employee) Beachwood, OH

ProsWhen I worked there you could learn a lot, and make a lot, if you know how to sell. It could get competitive, but if you have a great manager to learn from they will set the tone. You get out what you put in.

ConsThe company seems to be changing from what I see, it's less about the best customer interaction and more money driven than ever. If you aren't a top performer, and or young, you're not what they want. That breeds a very toxic environment.

Advice to Senior ManagementRemember what this company was founded on, and don't invest in slimy, shark associates. They are natural sellers but turning them into managers doesn't mean they can teach that to others.

Great Entry-Level Position

Sales Associate (Former Employee) Seattle, WA

I worked at Nordstrom part-time for less than a year

Pros: They are always hiring, so it is fairly easy to get… Cons: Management was not that great. Hours are awful. Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Fun but a lot of work.

Department Manager (Current Employee) Chicago, IL

I have been working at Nordstrom full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: benefits, promote from within, working with customers Cons: lack of training, focus and emphasis placed on the wrong… Advice to Senior Management: spend some money to get more salaried help!! Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Nordstrom.

Worked for Nordstrom? Contribute to the Community!