There are newer employer reviews for Nordstrom

Gained valuable customer service, management and training tools.

Former Employee - Department Manager
Former Employee - Department Manager

I worked at Nordstrom full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Your customers! Amazing clientele, you get to know every aspect of their life! Great opportunity to move up considering they promote from within. Started as a sales associate and moved my way up to department manager.

Cons

Barely a work/life balance. Sales goals were hard to reach for my department and was got a lot of pressure from upper management. It is commission based for your employees so if sales were low, this created turnover. My position was cut due to something they called "going into neighborhoods." Eventually the whole neighborhood idea ended up being a bad idea.

Don't just "call someone to the office" when you are planning on yelling at them. Tell your managers when they are doing a great job and when they need to work on things. Don't overwork your managers. Sometimes they are working 12 hour days to hit half yearly sales goals that are through the roof. Take a look at the economy for once.

2674 Other Employee Reviews for Nordstrom (View Most Recent)

Sales Associate

Former Employee - Sales Associate  in  Annapolis, MD
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in Annapolis, MD

I worked at Nordstrom full-time for less than a year

Pros

Felt like your own manager. They gave you the option of completing a lot of assignments and making decisions on your own.

Cons

You had to work for commission which means that some days you won't make any money. It also made for a more competitive environment

Overall you all are doing a great job. Please allow for more upward movement in the company for your sales associates.

My experience at Nordstrom gave me the skills, talent and abilities I have today, it was great.

Former Employee - Regional Merchandiser  in  San Diego, CA
    Former Employee - Regional Merchandiser in San Diego, CA

I worked at Nordstrom full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

The Nordstrom culture. The benefits, compensation. The ability to get promoted in several difference directions.

Cons

In Management positions, having to be mobile.

Thank you for the many, great years!

There are newer employer reviews for Nordstrom

Worked for Nordstrom? Contribute to the Community!