A wonderful place to work.

Current Employee - Product Specialist  in  Seattle, WA
Current Employee - Product Specialist in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Nordstrom full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Working at corporate is wonderful! f you work hard, management does take notice. They hire from within and they encourage you to seek out the positions and jobs you are truly interested in. There is a fantastic merchandise discount as well.

Cons

This is not a "con" about the company, but the location of the corporate headquarters. Corporate is in Seattle, Washington. While the city is beautiful, the dreary skies and constant drizzle can effect your overall mood. As someone who has lived in sunny & warm climates my whole life, living in this area was difficult for me.

Other Reviews for Nordstrom

WAS a great place to work

Current Employee - Sales Associate
    Current Employee - Sales Associate

I have been working at Nordstrom full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

un-capped commission, my biggest check was $2,000 for one week, cheap health insurance, fun, pleasant environment, sales focused, growth opportunities

Cons

returns deduct from your weekly sales, favoritism, condescending unqualified managers, all the hype about it being the best retailer to work for is over, it used to be a clean and courteous place to work, but since the recession the company has really cut corners, promoting unqualified people, skimping on training and incentives, and they can't even keep the employee break rooms or bathrooms clean. the merchandise has really taken a turn too. sales people cannot make money with the dowdy and out of style clothing the buyers are providing.

get back on track

Enjoyed my experience here but is filled with ups & downs!

Current Employee - Regional Manager  in  Oak Brook, IL
    Current Employee - Regional Manager in Oak Brook, IL

I have been working at Nordstrom full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Solid stable company,decent benefits, employee discount, continues to grow & evolve to stay relevant. Best customer service.

Cons

Long hours, peek time summer & holidays, mobility a must to grow with company

As they evolve there are several hiccups in the way!

There are newer employer reviews for Nordstrom.

Worked for Nordstrom? Contribute to the Community!