Nordstrom

www.nordstrom.com
Employer Engaged
There are newer employer reviews for Nordstrom

Strong company and I loved my job, but management needs some work.

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Boca Raton, FL
Current Employee - Sales Associate in Boca Raton, FL

I have been working at Nordstrom full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Great employment environment, amazing quality of customer service, outstanding products, and competitive commission rate.

Cons

return process is ridiculous for employees

Care more about ALL of your employees and not just when it's convenient to make yourself love better.

3384 Other Employee Reviews for Nordstrom (View Most Recent)

Growing company with alot to offer

Current Employee - Logistics in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Logistics in Austin, TX

I have been working at Nordstrom full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Great People to work with
    Awesome benefits

Cons

Not enough merchandise to fulfill customers needs

It's been a great learning experience, but not a company I'd want to grow with in 2013.

Current Employee - Salesperson in Scottsdale, AZ
    Current Employee - Salesperson in Scottsdale, AZ

I have been working at Nordstrom full-time

Pros

Nordstrom provides the groundwork to develop excellent customer service skills on your own terms. As an associate, I take care of customer issues and use my best judgement on the situation and think of ways to better accommodate the customer without asking for help. Other pros- get to dress up and be hip, great people to work with, and you feel good about helping people. Can easily move up to management if you make it known.

Cons

By removing the customer service counter, they have delegated almost all those tasks to the salespeople which takes away from selling (which is the only way to make money). Feels like you're working for free half the year because sales get slow. Hours are long with only one day off at a time, unless you put in a request one month ahead. Cannot wear open-toed flats unless they are high heels and every acceptable flat is so painful because of lack of support for 9 hours.
    Other cons- They make sure you never get over-time, bunions within 2 months and varicose veins within a year (because of poor footwear), and have to deal with fraudulent people/returns at least 3 times a week. Also, if you don't want to move through different departments, or state to state, management isn't for you.

Change the shoe policy. If you don't want salespeople wearing open-toed shoes. Fine. But it is wrong to say you can wear open-toed shoes only if they high heels. It's unfair to the other 80% of women who care about the health of their feet.
    Department stances/goals are better informed over the loud speaker. It's easier to hear and soak in. All the figures tend to go in one ear out the other at the rally due to clapping over music. The rally should just be for us salespeople to get excited about our new product and go over the top ten -which is fun.

There are newer employer reviews for Nordstrom