Nordstrom

www.nordstrom.com

Overall A Great Company to Work For!

Sales Associate (Former Employee) San Diego, CA

ProsNordstrom is a great place to work if you're interested in retail, fashion, sales or customer service. It's really unlike any other department store since it offers customers lots of options at every price range. You get to meet tons of interesting people with different personalities so if you're an outgoing social person you will thrive. It can be a fun work environment and your work/life balance is great because you don't have to take "work home" too often.

ConsThe system of Nordstrom's return policy for merchandise is much too lenient and when it affects your paycheck, it makes everyone from your co-workers to your managers stressed and unhappy.

Advice to Senior ManagementIn order to keep your customers happy you don't have to take back every piece or worn merchandise...in a commission based company like Nordstrom (in sales) this is the equivalent of stealing from your own employees since returned items go against the original selling employee.

Memorable

Sales Manager (Former Employee) Chicago, IL

I worked at Nordstrom full-time for more than 10 years

Pros: The people, health benefits, 401k Cons: Hours, must be mobile, commission sales not steady Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Up and Down Rollercoaster

Retail Sales Associate (Current Employee) Troy, MI

I have been working at Nordstrom full-time for less than a year

Pros: You will have the opportunity to grow with this company. (This is not… Cons: My cons is the same as my pros with explanations this time: You will have the opportunity to grow with this company. These opportunities come… Advice to Senior Management: We take a beating at this job, take the time to acknowledge the good we do. Most importantly, learn how to give constructive criticism. I… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Nordstrom.

Worked for Nordstrom? Contribute to the Community!