Nordstrom
3.5 of 5 2,207 reviews
www.nordstrom.com Seattle, WA 5000+ Employees

Great Pay, Great Opportunity, Changing industry

Account Coordinator (Current Employee)

I have been working at Nordstrom full-time for more than a year

ProsGreat coffee, high quality work environment, great HR, great benefits. Fantastic teams. Nice discount. Given an opportunity that I never saw coming and I made the most of it. Education was readily available and there are more resources available to employees if they just ask and look deeply into the mynordstrom.com service.

ConsPeople promoted too quickly on the sales floor - not all sales people are great managers. After working on the sales floor then in corporate, there is a big difference in how people are treated. Floor managers rarely smile. Hard to coach bad apples out.

Advice to Senior ManagementTake time to personally invest in your people.

Best clothing retailer around

Assistant Department Manager (Current Employee)
Santa Barbara, CA

I have been working at Nordstrom full-time for more than a year

Pros: Limitless earning potential Promote from within Cons: Some stores have poor management Miscommunication happens regularly Advice to Senior Management: Work with store managers to engage all levels of management… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

A wonderful company to work for.

Sales Associate (Former Employee)
Minneapolis, MN

I worked at Nordstrom full-time for less than a year

Pros: Wonderful training and sales skill development. Cons: While working on the sales floor, it is a very… Advice to Senior Management: Better training for managers. Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Nordstrom.

Worked for Nordstrom? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Nordstrom reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Nordstrom CEO Blake W. Nordstrom. All reviews posted anonymously by Nordstrom employees.