Nordstrom
3.5 of 5 2,469 reviews
www.nordstrom.com Seattle, WA 5000+ Employees

Horrible, not worthy of the positive reviews, and selfish managers with lack of morale.

Sales Person (Current Employee)
Chicago, IL

ProsGreat people to work with. I met some really nice people.

ConsNot a team environment and the managers will sell constantly. Some managers will cherry pick and take all the good customers and pass the other customers to the staff on the floor. Also, they will make you do task work while they are making a sell and normally its a really good one. Lack of moral especially in the number one store in the company. Veterans have merit and if your new then you can look forward to working more closing shifts and the flexibility isn't that great.

Advice to Senior ManagementI believe that it should be fair and the management staff should be there to support and not to be their employees equal. The rules about management being able to sell should be exempt from the benefits, because of the simple fact that some managers abuse this privilege. As an upper manager, it is imperative that you'll come and visit the stores and talk to the staff and not always to the upper managers, because the majority of the time they will tell you misleading information. In order for a business to grow and to develop, the people at the bottom have to be motivated and inspired to achieve one common goal and that's to make more money. If the people at the bottom isn't happy then the numbers will drastically show that in the business results.

It's been a great learning experience, but not a company I'd want to grow with in 2013.

Salesperson (Current Employee)
    Scottsdale, AZ

I have been working at Nordstrom full-time

Pros: Nordstrom provides the groundwork to develop excellent customer service skills on your own terms. As an associate, I take care of customer issues and use… Cons: By removing the customer service counter, they have delegated almost all those tasks to the salespeople which takes away from selling (which is the only… Advice to Senior Management: Change the shoe policy. If you don't want salespeople wearing open-toed shoes. Fine. But it is wrong to say you can wear open-toed shoes only… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Everything from the interview process to resignation was very smooth and easy.

Sales Associate (Former Employee)
    Scottsdale, AZ

I worked at Nordstrom full-time for less than a year

Pros: Usually coworkers are nice and helpful. Pay is fair and very reasonable for retail.… Cons: Lots of pressure on opening accounts. Sometimes managers don't know what they're doing or try to… Advice to Senior Management: Sometimes it seems that managers try to dictate orders for the whole… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Nordstrom.

Worked for Nordstrom? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Nordstrom reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Nordstrom CEO Blake W. Nordstrom. All reviews posted anonymously by Nordstrom employees.