Nordstrom
3.5 of 5 2,478 reviews
www.nordstrom.com Seattle, WA 5000+ Employees

Best internship ever.

Retail Management Intern (Former Employee)
Walnut Creek, CA

ProsThe Retail Management Internship Program was amazing. I loved the Nordstrom culture and I was very well taken care of. My manager was very passionate in her work and taught me how to grow a business.

ConsThe quality of the internship varies between each store. Luckily, I was placed in a store that was very supportive of their interns. Interns from other stores had a bad experience. Also, I wished I could learn even more about the managerial side than feeling like a sales associate 65% of the time.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep it consistent. Let interns learn more about Nordstrom and the business than just selling.

Great

Sales Associate (Former Employee)
    Hurst, TX

I worked at Nordstrom full-time for less than a year

Pros: Great friendly atmosphere, promtes from within Cons: Long retail hours, overly pushing sales Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Nordstrom is a great place to work; great benefits, tons of opportunity for growth, always promoting from within.

Business Manager, Cosmetics (Former Employee)
    Beachwood, OH

I worked at Nordstrom full-time for more than a year

Pros: Nordstrom promotes from within constantly and every manager started on the sales floor and worked their way… Cons: The nature of retail means having nontraditional business hours, which… Advice to Senior Management: The Nordstrom.com website is so efficient that it seemed to take away from business… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Nordstrom.

Worked for Nordstrom? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Nordstrom reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Nordstrom CEO Blake W. Nordstrom. All reviews posted anonymously by Nordstrom employees.