Crm

Former Employee - CRM in San Francisco, CA
Former Employee - CRM in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Nordstrom full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Amazing people to work with

Cons

Very time consuming. No work life balance

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

Treated unfairly and treat their people as if they are disposable

I have been working at Nordstrom

Pros

I fell in love with the company as an intern. The culture was great, employees were treated very well and you had the opportunity to build your own business. In designer the discount is very generous and the commission allows you to potentially make a great living.

Cons

When returning from school most of the management had changed, including the store manager and human resources. I was immediately promoted to an assistant manager position and to my knowledge was compensated well. Assistant managers are under paid greatly for the amount of work they put in. The base is low but they ensure you that you will be able to sell and make much more than your base salary. I only made my base for the past 6 months because I am busy with customer issues and helping develop and ensure my team is selling. It creates a hostile environment by having managers and sales associates compete for sales. Second, the specific store and department I worked in was a very unhealthy environment. The team morale was non existent because this manager focused more on her own accomplishments and success and not her teams. In return she bullied, singled me out and treated me as if I was inferior and not her partner. Going to the store manager and human resources helped at first, but as it progressed and I stood up for myself, I was told I was combative, sneaky and aggressive. There was no investigation of this matter so in return by standing up for myself, I was demoted to sales with no previous negative altercations or "coaching" conversations stating I was doing a bad job. I fell out of love with this company because even though they say they are a fair and positive employer, I was disposable and treated unfairly. Just like 8 other managers that have stepped down or quite in the past 4 months. They say they have an open door policy, but if they do not like what you are saying, you will risk your job and be demoted. Corporate politics do play a huge part in this company and specific store. Upper management only cares about what will make them look good opposed to doing what is right and just for their employees.

Advice to Management

Treat every situation with fairness and sincerity. When an employee comes to you and says they feel bullied and would like a transfer, do not demote them and make it more stressful for them. It is hard standing up for yourself, especially to your boss. But when it does happen, do a little investigation investigation instead of just listening to what one person says. I went to school to work for nordstrom and now I am very heartbroken and disappointed in this company.

2. Great, for retail

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Nordstrom full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Nice people, clean/safe environment, room for promotions

Cons

No set schedule, you'll be standing during your entire shift

Advice to Management

Share more tips on how to be more attractive for possible promotions