Crm

Former Employee - CRM in San Francisco, CA
Former Employee - CRM in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Nordstrom full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Amazing people to work with

Cons

Very time consuming. No work life balance

Other Employee Reviews for Nordstrom

1. Fewer and fewer prospects for advancement

Former Employee - Sales Associate, Pacesetter, Department Manager in Portland, OR

I worked at Nordstrom part-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The money is pretty good and based on commission not hourly. Management is okay it changes by the hour they are always trying to reinvent the wheel.

Cons

In a commission based environment there are down times and you have to be able to roll with the flow of business and prepare for slow downs.

Advice to Management

In regards to scheduling by merit and ability follow though. I find that too often they still give to much credit to veterans who are preforming at the same level and work better shifts.

2. Work your way "down" the corporate ladder...

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Bloomington, MN
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in Bloomington, MN

I worked at Nordstrom full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I started in selling shoes which is their most popular department in the store. There are three areas to work in which is: BP Shoes (fashion shoes), Women's Shoes (functional/everyday), and Salon Shoes (high-end). The commission rate there was 10% and if you achieved your sales goals, a person can receive an extra commission percent of .5 - 1%. After two years I moved into the luxury sales department where my salary doubled within two years. If you are smart, outgoing, and hungry for making money, this is the place to work.

Cons

A store manager can change the dynamic of the store. I had an Amazing store manager when I started in 2010, however that changed when he left and another person came into the role. The

Advice to Management

A person can move up into management very quickly but make sure you are ready. A person can be demoted or fired if he/she can't perform.