www.nordstrom.com
  www.nordstrom.com
There are newer employer reviews for Nordstrom

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Columbia, MD
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Columbia, MD

I have been working at Nordstrom

Pros

Nice people, fair hours, great pay

Cons

I feel like they think they're more high class than they actually are

Be considerate of new employee's lives outside of Nordstrom and don't schedule manditory meetings and trainings Monday-Friday 9-5. Understand that my sales as a part time employee working 8-12 hours a week are not going to exceed your expectations and I'm not going to have the returning customer base that many of the full time employees do have.

3045 Other Employee Reviews for Nordstrom (View Most Recent)

Good place to start in Loss Prevention.

Former Employee - Loss Prevention, Associate/Agent in Austin, TX
    Former Employee - Loss Prevention, Associate/Agent in Austin, TX

I worked at Nordstrom

Pros

-Good starting pay
    -Decent benefit package
    -Loss Prevention has a good support system
    -Some opportunities for advancement within the company and individual departments

Cons

-Senior management is disconnected and micromanages department
    -Senior Management does not give associates the benefit of the doubt in a situation
    -LP at Nordstrom is treated as a nuisance by many store managers

Senior leadership needs to spend more time at the individual stores. In addition, this level of leadership needs to realize the problems encountered at the store level.

NEVER work at Nordstrom!

Former Employee - Sales Associate in White Plains, NY
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in White Plains, NY

I worked at Nordstrom

Pros

High pay-- even not great salespeople can make $16/hr plus. You just can't make that as an hourly employee at another retail place. (All salespeople are commission, except the housewares, who get hourly + commission)
    20% discount on everything-- including cosmetics.

Cons

-Stupid management. Every manage I came in contact with was an overpaid salesperson. Completely unhelpful with questions. Fairly to properly train employees, but if you did something wrong, you bet they'd yell at you for it. Also, managers were unwilling to work out co-worker conflicts (I had more than one instance where a co-worker "stole" my sale-- rang up my sale under their employee number. I approached her multiple times to no avail, asked my manager for help-- nope. Said she'd help. Did nothing.
    - The hours are based on sales. Those who make the best sales get the best shifts. Well, how can one make good sales if they're only working bad shifts??
    - The day before a sale, I worked 1 pm-12:30 a.m. with a 1/2 hr break and no over time...
    - HORRIBLE COMPANY! DON"T WORK FOR THEM!
    - Intense pressure to make sales. Turns co-workers against each other. Lack of team feeling.

Store managers, hire better, more intelligent department managers. Come up with better employee incentive programs that don't involve making the department a constant cat-fight

There are newer employer reviews for Nordstrom