Nordstrom

www.nordstrom.com

Decent but can do better

Business Analyst II (Current Employee) Seattle, WA

ProsCulture in office is overall positive; good work/life balance. Benefits standard for large company. People are generally representative of the Nordstrom customer service culture.

ConsBenefits and salary are below the competition they're trying to compete with locally (not retail). Unclear advancement paths and an unevenly skilled workforce.

Advice to Senior ManagementSupport your doers. empower them to make decisions and not do everything by consensus. Fight for better benefits, salary and be forward thinking in how teams should manage their business/projects. Be less hierarchical.

Very stable, very boring

Systems Engineer (Current Employee) Seattle, WA

I have been working at Nordstrom full-time

Pros: The company culture is very polite and stable. You will never feel like you are stressed or pressured to complete projects or work. Management is… Cons: You will never feel challenged and you will never feel that management has your back. Teams are very siloed and you must play process and… Advice to Senior Management: Follow through on promises of culture change, get rid of… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Treated unfairly and treat their people as if they are disposable

I have been working at Nordstrom

Pros: I fell in love with the company as an intern. The culture was great, employees were treated very well and you had the… Cons: When returning from school most of the management had changed, including the store manager and human resources. I was immediately promoted to an assistant manager… Advice to Senior Management: Treat every situation with fairness and sincerity. When an employee comes to you and says they feel bullied and would like a transfer, do not… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on Nordstrom.

Worked for Nordstrom? Contribute to the Community!