There are newer employer reviews for Nordstrom

Great place to start

Former Employee - Retail Sales Associate  in  Seattle, WA
Former Employee - Retail Sales Associate in Seattle, WA

I worked at Nordstrom as a contractor for less than a year

Pros

I worked as a seasonal associate for two season. I had plenty of time off and a pretty set schedule which was nice. I did have an opportunity to see what it would be like to be a full time employee, the classes offered for professional development seemed to help my coworkers.

Cons

Sometimes the management team was not in tune with personnel issues.

2708 Other Employee Reviews for Nordstrom (View Most Recent)

Great Company!

Former Employee - Commissioned Sales Associate  in  Short Hills, NJ
    Former Employee - Commissioned Sales Associate in Short Hills, NJ

I worked at Nordstrom part-time for more than a year

Pros

If you work hard the pay can be amazing. One of the best paying retail jobs with the opportunity to grow.

Cons

The lack of a return policy can hurt your pockets sometimes, therefore it is important not to oversell.

Positive company, some normal retail bureaucracy.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Norfolk, VA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Norfolk, VA

I have been working at Nordstrom full-time for more than a year

Pros

I work for Nordstrom in Norfolk, VA, and the company is motivated to stay relevant in a brick-and-mortar sense when many retailers are more focused on online sales. There is a strong customer loyalty, and going above and beyond for customers is a key element in this company. You have to be willing to work for your sales.

Cons

At least at this location, they have a habit of hiring too many people even when store sales are down. Departments are overstocked with employees, and it can be a little intimidating for customers who are trying to shop. You have to fight for a sale, and sometimes even when you work with a customer for a half an hour someone else will ring them up and steal your commission. Hard to get promoted, have seen managers promise movement and promotions and not deliver, coming up with a "lack in sales" excuse.

Don't overload the floor with employees. Try not to hound customers by calling constantly trying to get appointments. Don't offer promotions and then sneak in extra stipulations when the time comes for advancement.

There are newer employer reviews for Nordstrom

Worked for Nordstrom? Contribute to the Community!