Nordstrom

There are newer employer reviews for Nordstrom

Eh

Current Employee - Barista in Aventura, FL
Current Employee - Barista in Aventura, FL

I have been working at Nordstrom part-time (less than an year)

Pros

401k, dental plan, and health plan.

Cons

If you worked at the one I have then you will regret ever working here. Lazy assistants that take 20 minute bathroom brakes, employees will be taking there time to prep when really busy, and working by yourself on bar when busy with 8+ drinks by yourself multiple times. Worst of all manager wouldl fail to see this because he would leave early everyday. All that matters is the amount of money being made. And every body talks about each other and complains about work. Terrible scheduling.

Take time to see what goes around with your team.

3212 Other Employee Reviews for Nordstrom (View Most Recent)

Only worth it if you don't work with sharks.

I worked at Nordstrom part-time

Pros

commission, and its mall retail if you like that kind of thing. Awesome Christmas parties.

Cons

can have terrible co-workers, terrible benefits system, standard mall retail.

you need to change your mission statement and find out who you are now, because the Nordstrom you once were can no longer exist in this world today, and the longer you wait to find out the faster you will fall.

Hectic, frustrating and not worth the time.

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in Denver, CO

I have been working at Nordstrom full-time (less than an year)

Pros

The only pros to this job is the positivity they attempt to portray within the work environment. Lots of positives given to you from the very beginning...

Cons

The department that I worked in had such a catty atmosphere around it. Not enough time was put into worrying about the work environment itself but rather, bombarding customers with calls reminding them to come spend money. I was often hung up on during our "10-a-day" sessions. You have no life outside of work due to the hours you are scheduled and how inconsiderately so. I would not suggest anyone work here if they are hoping for a work-life balance and money. They make all of these promises about how much you will make and nothing seems to be followed through.

Put people into a management position only if they can handle it. It's frustrating when the person in charge has more of a "chicken with their head cut off" appeal than those working under them.

There are newer employer reviews for Nordstrom