There are newer employer reviews for Nordstrom

Great place to work with a fun environment

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Overland Park, KS
Former Employee - Sales Associate in Overland Park, KS

I worked at Nordstrom

Pros

Amazing people. Great management that understands personal and professional needs. Great incentives and benefits program. Opportunities for advancement and future leadership roles. Exciting sales that generate extra income and assist in making it a fun work place.

Cons

Some of the managers get locked into the positions and are unlikely to move/switch positions making it difficult to achieve advancement. The hours can be difficult especially around Christmas and holidays.

Advice to Management

They offer amazing leadership opportunities and a program called FNL future Nordstrom Leader that gives the employees the opportunity to achieve a manager position if one is to come up. It would be nice if there were more opportunities, however, given the limited number of departments that can become difficult. For the most part the management is great and I can honestly say I have never had better leaders in a professional environment.

reviews filtered by
  1. Excellent sales job opportunity

Former Employee - Sales Person in Anchorage, AK
    Former Employee - Sales Person in Anchorage, AK

I worked at Nordstrom

Pros

Nordstrom offers competitive pay, promotes from within, and provides an excellent benefits package to their full-time employees. It provides an excellent sales environment.

Cons

There is little upward mobility into positions of upper management at the Nordstrom Anchorage store unless you are willing to move (temporarily or permanently) to another Nordstrom location to gain more experience.

Advice to Management

Nordstrom management does an excellent job of supporting their sales team and staff and of promoting a fun work environment.

2. Great place to work, many bad managers

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Tampa, FL
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in Tampa, FL

I worked at Nordstrom

Pros

great pay, good benefits, lots of PTO, employee discount. If you love fashion, this is a great place to work. In retail I have never made more money then I made at Nordstrom.

Cons

Many bad, unqualified managers. Most managers only became managers because they had worked there so long. Managers competed with SA's for sales. Very competitive. Managers didn't care about school commitments and were reluctant to work with school schedules, even for part time employees.

Advice to Management

none