Nordstrom

www.nordstrom.com
Employer Engaged
There are newer employer reviews for Nordstrom

A lot of hard work with a lot of knowledge gained.

Former Employee - Intern in Seattle, WA
Former Employee - Intern in Seattle, WA

I worked at Nordstrom

Pros

Nordstrom has great training programs in place so you feel prepared to work when you step onto the floor. The teachings continue throughout your employment so you are always learning how to better yourself. The open door policy is great making it very easy for people at a lower ranking to make suggestions to people with a higher job title. When making suggestions I felt as though they actually took my thoughts and suggestions seriously. The promote from within policy is a great incentive to work hard. The culture of Nordstrom is great and makes you proud to work for a company with such a great history.

Cons

One con but is also a pro is the promote from within policy because I feel as though people who are not qualified to hold high ranking positions work their way into positions of power without the knowledge or ability to perform well.

Well the culture of Nordstrom is strong and alive in the Seattle area and makes working their beyond enjoyable the same can not be said for out of state stores.

3405 Other Employee Reviews for Nordstrom (View Most Recent)

Competitive selling and working in teams

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Paramus, NJ
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Paramus, NJ

I worked at Nordstrom

Pros

opportunity to take on additional responsibilities
    ability and encouragement to take control of your own success- computer program allows you to maintain and grow relationships with customers

Cons

sales associates in most departments (as far as i know) rely strictly on commission, so you really have to stay on top of your game at all times because just like in any retail store, there are slow days and you have to find a way to sell if you want to make money and stay in managements good graces.

Nordstrom thoroughly prepares you to work there. training typically consists of 3 days in which a representative familiarizes you with the corporate history and culture, reviews general employee protocol and guidelines, and teaches you how to use the computers

Great environment

Former Employee - Intern in Lone Tree, CO
    Former Employee - Intern in Lone Tree, CO

I worked at Nordstrom

Pros

Compensation is above average
    Internal recruiting
    Great co-workers
    Great benefits
    In-depth training
    Flexible with schedule
    Best retailer to work for
    Fun work atmosphere
    Helpful management and Human Resources department
    Open-door policy

Cons

Difficult hiring process
    Long hours during Half Yearly and Anniversary sales
    Certain months are difficult to meet set goals
    Fast-working environment

I enjoyed working as an Intern. The management development program was useful and gave me a lot of insight and experience in order to excel in the company.

There are newer employer reviews for Nordstrom