Norfolk Southern

www.nscorp.com

Norfolk Southern

Norfolk (Former Employee)

ProsA company looking to find itself = plenty of advancement opportunities. Innovation is encouraged and rewarded. Many perks for employees that hopefully will survive in a down economy. Senior management gets out from behind their desk more than I've seen from other large companies. It's great they are willing to share a portion of their workday. That produces unseen, but very valuable returns.

ConsThere are many philosophical policy changes taking place in personnel, IT infrastructure, etc., needless to say, it is chaos at times. People are pushed to reach their fullest potential, so it is quite competitive, bordering on tarnishing the teamwork they are attempting to create. Feels like a shark tank at times, but that's why they are successful.

Advice to Senior ManagementSome of these changes are behaviorial and systemic of an industry and generation (babyboomers), so do not give up when the gains stall. Stay the course.

I enjoy working for Norfolk Southern.

Railroad Conductor (Current Employee) Saint Louis, MO

I have been working at Norfolk Southern full-time

Pros: The work is not very hard and the pay is… Cons: The different shifts and odd hours worked. Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Non family friendly completely money focused

Locomotive Engineer (Current Employee) Roanoke, VA

I have been working at Norfolk Southern full-time for more than 10 years

Pros: Health Insurance was good for the first few years when we had no co… Cons: Worked on call 24 hours a day 7 days a week, all weekends and holiday's, with no extra pay for working holiday. No time at… Advice to Senior Management: Give a fellow a Pat on the back once in a while, all we ever get is the negative. The only time you see a… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Norfolk Southern.

Worked for Norfolk Southern? Contribute to the Community!