Norfolk Southern Railway

www.nscorp.com

This Place Sucks!!!!

Locomotive Engineer (Former Employee) Jersey City, NJ

ProsGood place to start a Railroad Career. I learned alot about the railroad which helped me advance to a better paying job. I miss alot of my coworkers there.

ConsBut, It's a terrible place to spend a 30+ year. They hide in the weeds and watch you work and are ready to crucify and fire you for the pettiest of rule violations. I miss some of the people I work with but I DO NOT miss the company, the way they treat their employees and how management doesn't have a clue.

Advice to Senior ManagementManagement needs to realize that they're employees are more than just a number. They need to realize that we are actual people working there.

Good job with full benifts

Yardmaster (Current Employee) New Orleans, LA

I have been working at Norfolk Southern Railway

Pros: Pay is very competivtive, no degree is nessasary, and many… Cons: All transportation jobs are on shiftwork. I think the company… Advice to Senior Management: Listen to your employees; most have the experience and expertise… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Sit back and get lost in the crowd

Information Technology (Former Employee) Roanoke, VA

I worked at Norfolk Southern Railway

Pros: The people in my department were interesting enough at the… Cons: You are a small part of a sprawling, impersonal bureaucracy. Almost everyone within my department with whom I interacted seemed dissatisfied with… Advice to Senior Management: Allow employees to take a more meaningful stake in the company. Everyone with whom I interacted felt that they were a small, helpless part… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Norfolk Southern Railway.

Worked for Norfolk Southern Railway? Contribute to the Community!