It Pays The Bills

Current Employee - Saw Operator in Monett, MO
Current Employee - Saw Operator in Monett, MO

I have been working at Norsk Hydro

Pros

Decent starting wages, health and life insurance, only a 4 day work week, willing to work with you when you need time off (provided you have PTO accured)

Cons

Lack of organization, very little advancement potential, no pay raises unless you change jobs, management is easy to complain but slow to praise, occurance system is broken, Favoratism by management.... the list goes on

Advice to Management

Learn how to organize work for your teams, learn to give a little praise and thanks more, stop playing favorites with the employees, work on making more advancement oppertunities

reviews filtered by
  1. Head of Sales

I worked at Norsk Hydro full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Company values and nordic management style. Financial strenght

Cons

Complex matrix organization. Too much politics. Disconection between management and customers

2. Company Description

I have been working at Norsk Hydro full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Hydro is a global supplier of aluminium with activities throughout the value chain, from bauxite extraction to the production of rolled and extruded aluminium products and building systems. Based in Norway, the company employs 23,000 people in more than 40 countries. Rooted in a century of experience in renewable energy production, technology development and progressive partnerships, Hydro is committed to strengthening the viability of the customers and communities we serve.

Within North America, Hydro provides aluminum solutions including supply sourcing, extrusion, finishing, and fabrication of components, as well as engineering and contract manufacturing services, for a variety of industries. Our North America network consists of casthouse/remelt, extrusion, drawn tubing, fabrication, finishing and contract manufacturing facilities that span from the East Coast to Mexico.

Hydro is a values based business. By using our values of courage, respect, cooperation, determination and foresight to guide our business, we ensure that our businesses create shared economic and social value for our employees, shareholders, stakeholders and host communities.

Cons

Head office is moving again.