Nortel Networks

www.nortel.com
Profile Unclaimed
There are newer employer reviews for Nortel Networks

Reduce and improve the time and cost of Nortel's products landed cost

Former Employee - Cost Reduction Analyst in Richardson, TX
Former Employee - Cost Reduction Analyst in Richardson, TX

I worked at Nortel Networks

Pros

Nortel produced some of the most advanced products in the telecommunications field. The OC switching and the Enterprise groups really have great product portfolios to compete with competitors. Wireless was solid in TDMA, CDMA and LTE. The people you worked with were on average great people both professionally and personally.

Cons

Too many layers, complex matrix environment, too many people duplicating effort, focused on the wrong product (UMTS) whent he industry was leap frogging to LTE. Enterprise group should have led the way more to cut costs and bring in more revenue with Nortel brand recognition.

Too late the company is gone. So sad so many good people and products went under. If it comes back from the brink I would want to help bring this Canadian company back.

457 Other Employee Reviews for Nortel Networks (View Most Recent)

very good

Former Employee - Senior Software Developer in Bohemia, NY
    Former Employee - Senior Software Developer in Bohemia, NY

I worked at Nortel Networks

Pros

the people were the best

Cons

management lost focus on people and products

know your people. find out what makes them excited about coming to work. give them a path to furthere their career goals.

Too bad they went under.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

I worked at Nortel Networks

Pros

I enjoyed the company of my co-workers, but unfortunately with upper management and the economy that didn't end up mattering for very much.

Cons

Massive layoffs, bankruptcy, the end of the company. Worthless stock options, corporate raiders. And seven words more of reasons not to work here.

Cutting IT and sales staff isn't the best way to get out of bankruptcy. Nor is selling the only profitable divisions.

There are newer employer reviews for Nortel Networks