There are newer employer reviews for Nortel Networks

Opportunities to grow in many different functions.

Pros

High technology products and services helping people communicate in all regions of the world. Constantly challenging environment with support from management to grow the business.

Cons

Performance reviews were an "event" some years with some managers but well worthwhile with managers who took objective setting and management to those targets seriously.

Advice to Management

Manage cash better - led to bankruptcy protection status. Significant effort and committment seen even once bankruptcy protections status was in place.

Other Employee Reviews for Nortel Networks

1. I loved the team I worked with from the time I interviewed till we had to part ways

Pros

Nortel was a great company to work for with great products and services. I personally enjoyed the work-life balance that my manager encouraged.

Cons

It was unfortunate that years of gross mismanagement from the early 2000s plagued and eventually bankrupted the company in January 2009.

2. Good Company Back in the Day

Pros

This was a wonderful place to work before things went downhill. Great benefits, great people, lots of opportunities. Thank you John Roth for ruining it.

Cons

Company went bankrupt... what else is there to say. It is a shame that this canadian icon is no longer with us.

Advice to Management

generally accepted accounting principles... otherwise known as gaap. grow a little slower next time. hopefully we don't run into this sort of problem again.