Nortel Networks
www.nortel.com Toronto, Canada 5000+ Employees

Good bye Nortel....

Member of the Scientific Staff (Former Employee)
Richardson, TX

I worked at Nortel Networks

ProsBest Reasons: Opportunity to move into different positions within the company. Rewarded for work on special projects. Laid Back environment.

ConsMassive Layoffs since 2000. The employees that were recently laid off prior to backruptcy recieved no severance. There were too many layers of management.

Advice to Senior ManagementToo many layers of management. Too many acquisitions that did not add value to the company. Failure to merge with other players when concolidation occured.

Review of Nortel

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
Research Triangle Park, NC

I worked at Nortel Networks

Pros: They did give great benefits, and promoted a good work/life balance. If the brass didn't run the company into bankruptcy, I would've enjoyed a… Cons: I wish I could've been there before the bankruptcy was eminent. It really seemed to be a great place to work. The people… Advice to Senior Management: Be honest and straightforward. I know sometimes you have to say the company line and act like everything is going well and things are… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Disassembled

Director (Former Employee)
Richardson, TX

I worked at Nortel Networks

Pros: Before the fall, it was a great place to work with talented people. Benefits were good and… Cons: Going bankrupt. Hiring outside execs that handled the situation… Advice to Senior Management: Think of all the people you put out of work. No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Nortel Networks.

Worked for Nortel Networks? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Nortel Networks reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Nortel Networks CEO Chris Ricaurte. All reviews posted anonymously by Nortel Networks employees.