North American Corporation

www.na.com

Good place to gain experience

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Glenview, IL

ProsThere's opportunity to be involved in many aspects of the business. Since it's a mid-size "flat" company, you will eventually work with all levels of management. Some managers will help you advance by putting your work in front of senior leadership (if you are lucky). The company is growing quickly and is financially stable. Businesses generally like working with NAC so it makes the job easier. Six Sigma is a huge initiative that the owner takes seriously. There are many opportunities to be involved in that program to boost your resume.

ConsThe company needs to be more technologically advanced. They are starting this now but they are still far behind. They also tend to support the needs of the sales force before they support the operations side (I'm on the operations side). The management is very, very conservative, which can be hard to deal with if you are a younger generation. Benefits are expensive and narrow. There is also too much manager discretion on company rules. My manager is by the book so it's hard to watch other employees take advantage of "soft" benefits that I don't enjoy.

Advice to Senior ManagementNAC does a great job hiring new talent. However NAC loses this talent because they do not bend rules or evolve or offer greater benefits to these coveted employees. Turnover is high and if you lose key employees that know the systems, you lose massive efficiencies and stunt growth, which is the "drug of choice."

Has potential to be a great company, but poor management and limited opportunities for advancement make it a dead end.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Glenview, IL

I worked at North American Corporation full-time for more than a year

Pros: Good quality of people, a number of highly competent employees. Good location close to the train.… Cons: Very little room for advancement. Raises are capped and are usually minimal. Top performers are not recognized. Senior management is out of… Advice to Senior Management: Provide more opportunities for advancement. Low percentage raises are… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Feel appreciated, but underpaid and light benefits

Analyst (Current Employee) Glenview, IL

I have been working at North American Corporation full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: Great people, respectful environment, intelligent leadership Cons: Underpaid, expensive benefits Max of 75% of Bonus is possible! This… Advice to Senior Management: Make the bonus 100% achievable. Increase the pay scale so that NAC isn't… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on North American Corporation.

Worked for North American Corporation? Contribute to the Community!