North Carolina General Assembly
www.ncga.state.nc.us Raleigh, NC 500 to 999 Employees

An interesting and challenging experience that I thoroughly enjoyed.

Legislative Policy Intern (Former Employee)

I worked at North Carolina General Assembly

ProsIt is a fun environment to work with legislators and their staff alike. Being in the General Assembly gives you the opportunity to be in the middle of the decisions being made on behalf of the people of North Carolina.

ConsDuring the short session of the legislative cycle things become much more slow. At times the job can become boring.

Advice to Senior ManagementI would like to see greater assessment of employer satisfaction, as I felt that many legislative assistants were uncertain about who to talk to if unhappy with workplace conditions.

Senate Page

Czar of PAper Running (Former Employee)

I worked at North Carolina General Assembly

Pros: Working at the senate page system was a great learning expierence. The week I spent as a senate… Cons: Due to a semi-scandal a couple years back senate pages are given very little freedom, confined to a hybrid closet/office when not immediately working on… Advice to Senior Management: Allow for more freedom, and find anyplace other than the office/closet that way too many senate pages are herded into. As for the… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Great Experience and Great Networking.

Legislative Intern (Former Employee)

I worked at North Carolina General Assembly as an intern for more than a year

Pros: Fantastic exposure to legislators and staff. Great networking with representatives within the community and with advocates. The heat… Cons: Constituent services. It can suck, but it is the reason everyone is there and is often rewarding. It can be… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on North Carolina General Assembly.

Worked for North Carolina General Assembly? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at North Carolina General Assembly reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for North Carolina General Assembly CEO Bev Perdue. All reviews posted anonymously by North Carolina General Assembly employees.