There are newer employer reviews for North Carolina State University

Graduate Student

Current Employee - Graduate Research Assistant in Raleigh, NC

I have been working at North Carolina State University full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Work-life balance as a graduate student is very flexible and is largely dictate by the advisor's personality and work schedule. In my case, my advisor was very hands off and did not require strict hours so long as I produce results in a timely manner.

Cons

Work can be tedious and time consuming. And often overtime (50+ hours/week) is required to obtain results. Given the level of compensation, this seems a bit extreme.

reviews filtered by
  1. My experience till date has been very co-ordial. Every body treats me very nicely.It seems nice and warming.

Current Employee - Graduate Research Assistant in Raleigh, NC

I have been working at North Carolina State University part-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

co-operative colleagues and organized work flow.

Cons

Being an academic institution, things go slow. Less pay.

Advice to Management

Please take measures to pay a little more.

2. Outstanding supportive working environment, educational culture values creativity

Current Employee - Associate Director Sponsored Programs in Raleigh, NC
    Current Employee - Associate Director Sponsored Programs in Raleigh, NC

I have been working at North Carolina State University full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Professional treatment of staff in support of faculty. Recognition of accomplishments.
    Opportunities for advancement in several specialties of administration. Location is excellent in a dynamic culturally diverse community that is growing and active. Excellent public school system so far.

Cons

Compensation tied to state government, which provides little stability or independence regardless of contribution to the overall mission. State government does not appreciate the value of investing in education at any level. Reductions in support are masked by political claims and grandstanding while the youth suffer a more demanding job market.

Advice to Management

Keep fighting for independence in management of the the state's finest university.

There are newer employer reviews for North Carolina State University