North Carolina State University

www.ncsu.edu

hello

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Raleigh, NC
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

Pros

It is a good and stable environment to work. Depending on the department, can get a chance to work on lot of new technologies.

Cons

Working at ncsu is not good for growth. benefits are not good. salaries are not competitive in comparison to other universities in the unc system.

no advice.

Other reviews for North Carolina State University

great place to stay

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Raleigh, NC
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

Pros

nice people, comfortable environment (living, studying and working), less expensive, close to RTP area, and more waiting for you to find...

Cons

I can not think many cons now. the only thing I wanna mention is that you'd better have a car to live here since it's relatively small.

It has great leadership program, and you'd have a chance to meet many great people too. Keep doing what's doing and it's great.

The crop science department is awesome!

Current Employee - Student Research Assistant  in  Raleigh, NC
    Current Employee - Student Research Assistant in Raleigh, NC

Pros

I come from an animal background and as an undergraduate decided to get a job working in the crop science department as a student worker. I have expanded my knowledge of plants and broadened my knowledge of research protocol and contacts within the crop science department. You will always learn at North Caroline State no matter what you are doing; the opportunities are always there!

Cons

The graduate students I work with are going non-stop and I sometimes feel obligated to give them more of my time rather than keeping it to myself and leaving and going home. That obligation has also kept me from going out-of-town, except for July 4th.

To my "real" boss...stand strong and don't let the graduate students boss you around and walk all over you. I respect you so much and hate to see them disregard your authority. To the boss, you are the nicest, coolest, most awesome person I have ever worked for and I want to say "thanks."

There are newer employer reviews for North Carolina State University.

Worked for North Carolina State University? Contribute to the Community!