North Central Health Care

www.norcen.org
There are newer employer reviews for North Central Health Care

Love my job, my supervisors support is lacking

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Wausau, WI
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Wausau, WI

I have been working at North Central Health Care

Pros

Making a difference in the lives of others, most of the supervisors are wonderful. Great coworkers, we are a family.
Good medical insurance with a Health reimbursement account

Cons

HR does not back up the employees
Have taken away alot of benefits recently
Upper management says they want to keep employees informed but are very selective in what they actually tell you leaving employees to not trust them
There have been alot of jobs eliminated, and people are on edge each day not knowing if it is your last day.
They seem to eliminate positions of people who use the insurance
The CEO does not seem to care about the clients that loose support as programs are cut nor about employees..all just a number.

Be honest to employees, employees are stressed as they do not know if their job will be eliminated & do not trust upper management. Show compassion too empolyees & clients. Set up a system for reviews where you are reviewed by your co-workers also, for more accurate reviews. Alot of supervisors do not have alot of contact with their employees & thus cannot fairly review.

4 Other Employee Reviews for North Central Health Care (View Most Recent)

Toxic Work Environment

I worked at North Central Health Care full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Since there is a 20 word minimum I have to expand on this and make this as long as possible as I explain the only good thing was the amount of pay.

Cons

NCHC does not care about the employees; only what the employees can produce. So much emphasis is placed on productivity, the client is no longer the focus, although they claim it is. As a mental health facility, you'd think NCHC would be a positive,nurturing place to work- however this is not the case!! You are told you are replaceable on a daily basis, your self-esteem is zapped, and your confidence stolen. Furthermore, management has it's "favorites" and acts like a highschool clique with the Ice Queen/ Grim Reeper leading pack and several clonies with the same personality following behind her.

Get rid of all upper management. Treat your employees with the respect they deserve. Put the focus back on the client.

Upper management looks out for themselves not the employees.

I worked at North Central Health Care full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

The salary and benefits were good.

Cons

All the employees felt like they would be walked out at any time.

There are newer employer reviews for North Central Health Care