North Florida Regional Medical Center

www.nfrmc.com
  www.nfrmc.com
There are newer employer reviews for North Florida Regional Medical Center

A chance to do personally rewarding work helping others.

Current Employee - Staff RN in Gainesville, FL
Current Employee - Staff RN in Gainesville, FL

I have been working at North Florida Regional Medical Center

Pros

Helping others is rewarding, co-workers are great, flexible scheduling, good benefits.

Cons

Recently, although the company is doing quite well (HCA made over a billion last year alone) annual raises have been poor. Compensation in general, due to the proximity of several local nursing programs and a steady supply of new nurses each year, is lower than state and national averages. No state income tax helps, but a higher rate of pay would be nice.

Treat senior nurses (5+ years of service) with more respect, autonomy and opportunities for advancement. Make promotion decisions based on qualifications, not preference of administration.

6 Other Employee Reviews for North Florida Regional Medical Center (View Most Recent)

My experience as an employee

I worked at North Florida Regional Medical Center full-time (more than an year)

Pros

There was a lot of camaraderie between staff and departments worked well together. I enjoyed my co workers and we functioned well as a team.

Cons

Directors changed and the new director was difficult to please and disrespectful toward staff. This was brought to the attention of HR but the behavior was allowed to continue.

Pay attention to the employee engagement surveys and take action, not just creating action plans but actually listening to staff.

A very challenging, fast paced work environment. The staff were friendly.

Former Employee - Registered Nurse in Gainesville, FL
    Former Employee - Registered Nurse in Gainesville, FL

I worked at North Florida Regional Medical Center full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Fast paced learn a lot, adequate training.

Cons

Could use more training at times it is too busy and difficult to get the help needed. Some of documentation required is redundant or can be confusing especially the way the medications are separated into what the patient took at home, in hospital and maybe another category of reconciled meds. This can be confusing for the patient and if they are discharged to a facility. the hospital really needs to look at their system for this, and fix it to keep it simple. As a nurse it made me nervous.

Spend a little more time with floor staff to the get the real pulse of the team.

There are newer employer reviews for North Florida Regional Medical Center