North Florida Regional Medical Center
www.nfrmc.com Gainesville, FL 1000 to 5000 Employees

A chance to do personally rewarding work helping others.

Staff RN (Current Employee)

I have been working at North Florida Regional Medical Center

ProsHelping others is rewarding, co-workers are great, flexible scheduling, good benefits.

ConsRecently, although the company is doing quite well (HCA made over a billion last year alone) annual raises have been poor. Compensation in general, due to the proximity of several local nursing programs and a steady supply of new nurses each year, is lower than state and national averages. No state income tax helps, but a higher rate of pay would be nice.

Advice to Senior ManagementTreat senior nurses (5+ years of service) with more respect, autonomy and opportunities for advancement. Make promotion decisions based on qualifications, not preference of administration.

A very challenging, fast paced work environment. The staff were friendly.

Registered Nurse (Former Employee)
Gainesville, FL

I worked at North Florida Regional Medical Center full-time for more than a year

Pros: Fast paced learn a lot, adequate training. Cons: Could use more training at times it is too busy and difficult to get the help needed. Some of documentation required is redundant… Advice to Senior Management: Spend a little more time with floor staff to the… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Promises Promises

RN (Current Employee)

I have been working at North Florida Regional Medical Center

Pros: I had been out of nursing several years. When I re-entered my field, N.FL… Cons: They made alot of promises. I was hired at a GN Rate, even though I had 15+ years of experience; I was told once I… Advice to Senior Management: I would think that nurses hired would be paid based… More

There are newer reviews on North Florida Regional Medical Center.

Worked for North Florida Regional Medical Center? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at North Florida Regional Medical Center reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for North Florida Regional Medical Center CEO Ward Boston III. All reviews posted anonymously by North Florida Regional Medical Center employees.