There are newer employer reviews for North Highland

Great company with lots of room to grow

Current Employee - Senior Manager in Atlanta, GA
Current Employee - Senior Manager in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at North Highland full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Good amount of flexibility to work within and around your practice area. Definite focus on work life balance and employee development.

Cons

Some of the projects are sold with generic resources. I think this devalues the project work and the consultant who is staffed to the assignment.

Other Employee Reviews for North Highland

If you want to do consulting, there is no better consulting company in the world

Current Employee - Senior Manager in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Senior Manager in Dallas, TX

I have been working at North Highland full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Paid by the hour for overtime (any billable hours over 30/week as long as you average 30/week for the entire quarter). There are numerous other ways to get bonuses. Low to no travel. Local model. We work and live where our clients do. We are growing like crazy. The company quite simply has the most incredible leadership team. They really do care about doing a great job for our clients.

Cons

I really can't think of any, but in order to meet the 20 word minimum, I would say that it's hard to make friends with my co-workers. We're always at the client sites and many times we're on 1 person projects. Or if we're not, the company has a very experienced employee base, which means most of them are busy with family life and don't do a lot of hanging out together.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work. I think you are doing an incredible job.

Miss the people, the work, and the clients

Former Employee - Senior Manager in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Senior Manager in Houston, TX

I worked at North Highland full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The fellow consultants were a great group of highly motivated people. I truly loved working for our key accounts in the area and solving their problems and being a resource to them. I felt like an owner when I joined the company and really hoped to stay for the rest of my career.

Cons

The local leadership changes prevented any real continuity and the heavy focus on growing the oil and gas business led to some short-sightedness in other areas. The pay was generally somewhat less than could be earned at other local consulting companies or larger ones.

Advice to Management

Trust and invest in your people more.