North Star Resource Group
www.northstarfinancial.com Minneapolis, MN 150 to 499 Employees

Insurance focus on advisors, support personnel have little room for growth.

(Former Employee)

ProsFor advisors, your income potential is only limited by your ability to sell product to individual consumers in your network. The people are generally quite nice and welcoming.

ConsPretty low pay for support staff. Also, lacked the necessary middle management required to effectively train support staff employees. This can be quite difficult for a recent college graduate.

Advice to Senior ManagementTake the time to develop internally with an emphasis on sales processes for new advisors and better training for support staff. This should allow for their greater success, and yours.

I never had enough work to do

Marketing Intern (Former Employee)

I worked at North Star Resource Group

Pros: Pay was ok ($10), always given off time if needed Cons: I never had enough work to do, very repetitive, my… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

I have been working at North Star Resource Group

Pros: Complete discretion over hrs worked. Cons: Very low pay for first few years, very low chance… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on North Star Resource Group.

Worked for North Star Resource Group? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at North Star Resource Group reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for North Star Resource Group CEO Phillip C. Richards. All reviews posted anonymously by North Star Resource Group employees.