NorthWestern Energy

Stability

Current Employee - Engineer in Butte, MT
Current Employee - Engineer in Butte, MT

I have been working at NorthWestern Energy

Pros

This is a utility, which offers a stable and secure work place. The percentage basis of 401K contribution is comparatively high, but by the time you consider the lower wages, the contribution ends up being the same as other places of employment.

Cons

pay and benefits are far below par. It si said, they do market analysis, but other places in the area pay about 2X, others off 90% insurance coverage, while NWE offers 75%. Others offer 4 to 6 weeks vacation, NWE offers 3. Others offer AD&D at no cost.

Get pay and benefits up to retain workers long term. I believe this would also help attract more qualified people.

6 Other Employee Reviews for NorthWestern Energy (View Most Recent)

NWE cares about the employees well-being and satisfaction.

Current Employee - Transmission Planning Engineer in Butte, MT
    Current Employee - Transmission Planning Engineer in Butte, MT

I have been working at NorthWestern Energy full-time (more than an year)

Pros

I have greatly appreciated the concern NWE shows for my personal goals and ambitions as well as safety. Safety is always emphasised above efficiency. Shortly after I was hired, my manager sat down with me and asked what direction I wanted to go - towards management or developing expertise in my department. That really made me feel comfortable discussing my goals.

Cons

The insurance package is excellent... if you expect to have major medical work. The deductible is so high that I don't expect insurance to ever pay a penny towards my expenses. The Health Savings account does help make up for that as the company pays into it monthly (if you're on the High Deductible plan)

Was an OK job

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Huron, SD
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Huron, SD

I have been working at NorthWestern Energy full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Good pay. Decent hours. Good benefits and PTO

Cons

Management is ridiculous. They are not very understanding if you are going through a major illness. They say their is room for advancement but the criteria is unreachable even if you have years of experience there.

Hey how about you give people who have worked in your establishment for YEARS a chance in other positions.

There are newer employer reviews for NorthWestern Energy