Great place to work in Gainesville.

I have been working at Northeast Georgia Health System

Pros

A lot of job security, and Northeast Georgia Health System pay Atlanta salaries despite being 50 miles outside of the city.

Cons

There is limited advancement opportunity for professional staff, and it is quite easy to get "stuck" in a position. The health system needs to do more to develop professional staff.

Every position in the organization that requires a degree or a clinical license needs to have a career ladder associated with it.

Other Reviews for Northeast Georgia Health System

I loved working there

Former Employee - Birth Certificate Clerk/HIM TECH  in  Gainesville, GA
    Former Employee - Birth Certificate Clerk/HIM TECH in Gainesville, GA

I worked at Northeast Georgia Health System full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Great benefits and great coworkers and awesome environment

Cons

it was sometimes stressful but I guess it comes with working for a large company

Nice place to work; once you're in, it is very hard to be let go.

Former Employee - "Employee" In the Operating Room  in  Gainesville, GA
    Former Employee - "Employee" In the Operating Room in Gainesville, GA

I worked at Northeast Georgia Health System full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Clean work environment and constantly given little appreciation gifts.
    Short of killing someone, your job is almost definitely secure. Management does NOT have the backbone to fire you ESPECIALLY if you play the race/sex/disability card(s).

Cons

You can have coworkers that are lazy, because they know they will not be fired. They know how to play the race/sex/disability card(s).

Hire slowly (which you do for the most part).
    Fire quickly (which you do NOT do).
    Quit trying to be "competitive" with your wages and benefits. All that means is that you are the same as any other hospital. Instead, be excellent with your wages, BUT fire those people that you know very well should have been fired a LOOOOOOOOOOoooooong time ago. Believe me, we ALL see that you are too scared to stand up the hard working employees out of fear of a few playing said race/sex/disability card(s). They are abusing the system and it is bringing morality WAAAAaaaay down. Some doctors should be let go too!

There are newer employer reviews for Northeast Georgia Health System.

Worked for Northeast Georgia Health System? Contribute to the Community!