There are newer employer reviews for Northeastern University

There is a lot of room for growth here and a real sense of community.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

I have been working at Northeastern University full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The benefits are very good and the free tuition great! There are a lot of managers who love to see their employees grow as people and in their careers.

Cons

Working with students can sometimes be a thankless job and you must be very self-motivated and maintain a good attitude. They can and will push your patience to the limit.

Advice to Management

Take suggestions seriously from employees who are doing the work and implement those suggestions. They are involved hands-on in a lot of processes and often they know best what needs to be changed.

Other Employee Reviews for Northeastern University

Friendly, motivated, inspiring environment; some crazy hours involved

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

I worked at Northeastern University full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great, personable, community-based environment with excellent benefits. Everyone really believes in the place and you can have some incredible colleagues who are insanely talented and become lifelong friends. Depending on where you are, you can handle a variety of really cool projects, and advancement is possible, as upper level folks do acknowledge and appreciate your efforts.

Cons

Depending on your department, you can work crazy hours to meet just-sprung deadlines that directly conflict with your existing workload. Employees are very devoted and maintain good spirits, but it can be exhausting and sometimes demoralizing. Pay is decent, but not great unless you're on a high supervisory level.

2. I have had a great experience at Northeastern being able to work in many situations with great people.

Current Employee - Program Assistant in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Program Assistant in Boston, MA

I have been working at Northeastern University full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

There is a world of opportunities at Northeastern. Great benefits package, including tuition reimbursement.

Cons

I am not challenged enough in my current position. I feel that I am capable of many great things, however I don't feel that my opinion is valued as much as it should be.

Advice to Management

Listen to your employees. They are your greatest asset.