Northeastern University

www.northeastern.edu
There are newer employer reviews for Northeastern University

Loved my experience at Northeastern!

Former Employee - Program Coordinator in Boston, MA
Former Employee - Program Coordinator in Boston, MA

I worked at Northeastern University as an intern (less than a year)

Pros

The people are wonderful, the students are motivated and enthusiastic, and the atmosphere on campus is full of energy. I only spent a short time working here, but loved every bit of my experience.

Cons

I honestly didn't experience any in my time there.

Continue to invest in your students at the same level - they are the heartbeat of NEU!

239 Other Employee Reviews for Northeastern University (View Most Recent)

Seeking a balance between education and business models

Former Employee - Academic Specialist in Boston, MA
    Former Employee - Academic Specialist in Boston, MA

I worked at Northeastern University full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Tuition remission is a big benefit as long as your program of choice is not online. The work environment is very collegial within departments and people are passionate about what they do. Able to check your job at the door- outside of 9-5 work expectations are infrequent. Opportunities for growth are present as long as you are willing to move to other departments.

Cons

Pay/time off is a little low compared to other universities in the Boston area. The environment is very decentralized- not a great deal of communication between departments. Lastly, because the university is trying to be more competitive they are shifting to a business model that resembles "for-profit" institutions i.e. high recruitment demands

Great school and so much potential

Current Employee - Student Services in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Student Services in Boston, MA

I have been working at Northeastern University full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Benefits, vacation and sick time are a huge plus. Great for someone looking to earn a Master's degree while working full time.

Cons

While the benefits are a pro, the salary is a con. Raises are barely enough to keep up with inflation and bonuses are really not existent.

Provide lower level employees with clear advancement paths, challenging stretch assignments and ways to develop professionally

There are newer employer reviews for Northeastern University