Northern Arizona University

This job is terrible

Former Employee - Research Assistant in Flagstaff, AZ
Former Employee - Research Assistant in Flagstaff, AZ

I worked at Northern Arizona University

Pros

I was able to make my own schedule, there was a coffee shop in my building, and my co-workers were friendly.

Cons

They had unrealistic expectations of how much time a person is capable of working and there was a general lack of funding to maintain equipment.

They need to invest the time and money in good products/ construction up front and avoid all the maintenance issues that disrupt work.

78 Other Employee Reviews for Northern Arizona University (View Most Recent)

Great Benefits, tolerable environment.

Former Employee - Program Coordinator in Flagstaff, AZ
    Former Employee - Program Coordinator in Flagstaff, AZ

I worked at Northern Arizona University

Pros

Great benefits. Flexible work hours.

Cons

Very secretive environment that does not promote independant thinking.

There are too many layers of management that can easily be streamlined. Staff at the lower levels are very fearful of the upper division management. The protocals in place to get approvals are very stringent. Doors were shut and staff were expected to be quiet and do their job - nothing more nothing less.

President Haeger is building his legacy while the academic institution crumbles around all the new buildings.

Former Employee - Mechanic in Flagstaff, AZ
    Former Employee - Mechanic in Flagstaff, AZ

I worked at Northern Arizona University

Pros

Great Benefits! Reduced tuition for all nuclear family members. There are a number of invested people in the school, and they go out of their way to improve the place as far as they have authority.

Cons

There is no such thing as institutional vitality. It is a red-tape cloaked bureaucracy, and filled with "lifers," those that fell into a position, and will be there, doing the same repetitive actions until they are carried out on a stretcher.
    It has been known to happen that an employee will be ashamed of the high work ethic of a new hire (he's making us all look bad) and clamored to have him fired.

Remember, students keep the place going. It is important to consider that they are not "bringing the place down."

There are newer employer reviews for Northern Arizona University