I had won 1000 at a golf tourney and only received 500 dollars

Current Employee - Golfer  in  Spokane, WA
Current Employee - Golfer in Spokane, WA

I have been working at Northern Quest Resort & Casino as a contractor

Pros

Tight crappy bonuses even on large bets

Cons

Disshonest gambling. Felt like bait and switch.

Give people what they win.

Other Reviews for Northern Quest Resort & Casino

The tribe was amazing.. but the management was inconsistent, none of them were on the same page. I feel disappointed.

Former Employee - Server  in  Airway Heights, WA
    Former Employee - Server in Airway Heights, WA

I worked at Northern Quest Resort & Casino full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Paid holidays, vacations, incentive programs. the property was gorgeous. the majority of the guests were so much fun to see and server. My fellow co-workers were exceptional.

Cons

i didnt understand the sick policy, why accrue sick time if you cant use it? without the fear of losing your job. Or being denied your vacation/time off request. Hours of operation 24 hours a day.

Your management teams should communicate in their circles before executing the main goal. so that everyone is on the same page. instead of one telling you to do it one way and another manager telling you to do it the other way..

Northern Quest is a good place to get a job, but not a career.

Current Employee - Anonymous
    Current Employee - Anonymous

I have been working at Northern Quest Resort & Casino

Pros

Wide range of jobs, excellent benefits, interaction with all kinds of people. If you can get a job in maintenance, the pay is pretty good.

Cons

Intersepartment communication is terrible, information from the E-Team cannot be trusted (Villa isn't going anywhere, huh?), senior management preaches aboit the Core Values of the company, but refuse to practice them.

Senior management is very disconnected. I have been working at NQ for two years. I am currently in a supervising position. Our department's director has never so much as introduced themself.

One of the biggest cons is tribal preference. The idea of tribal preference is asinine in itself (let's see a white or black company try to pull that crap), but the way the company sells it doesn't sound as bad as it is. They sell tribal preference as a policy that give priority to native applicants two people are neck and neck. In reality, you don't have to be qualified for a job if you are tribal. I have watched tribal team members get up to 50% higher pay for doing the same job as a white or black individual.

It's time to restructure. If we got rid of some of the dead weight (including a couple of the Execs), we could be an excellwnt company to be a part of. There are some excellent aspects of our company, but right now the bad really outweighs the good.

There are newer employer reviews for Northern Quest Resort & Casino.

Worked for Northern Quest Resort & Casino? Contribute to the Community!