Where are the leaders?

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Burnsville, MN

Pros

The people at Northern are kind and hard working. My hats off to those who give me a reason to come into work. Also, some of the senior staff are very personal and good people.

Cons

There is a serious problem starting with the Directors on up. The cowboy mentality and Getter Down attitude has left many running for other jobs. We have lost to many good people because of this and there will be more on its way. What will be left is the ones close to retirement or too set in their ways to move along. People do work hard at Northern but they work hard reacting not enhancing.

Advice to Management

A few simple changes can make a world of difference. Understand your employees needs and what makes them happy. Hears us, thank us, praise us, respect us.

Other Employee Reviews for Northern Tool + Equipment

They are not afraid to give opportunities and the freedom to make a difference.

Current Employee - Retail Merchandised in Burnsville, MN
    Current Employee - Retail Merchandised in Burnsville, MN

Pros

Northern respects ability over cradentials and will give you the opportunity to run your own buisness.

Cons

It's a locker room mentality that does not recognize nor reward performance. You need to be self motivating to work here.

Advice to Management

Reward performance both financilly and verbally. Each year I have had a review I have been told that "if I am not happy they will be happy to help me find a job with another company" rather than addressing the behavior that is the core of the issue.

2. Northern Tool

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Burnsville, MN

Pros

Laid back culture, flexible working options, lots of access to Sr. Leadership

Cons

Small company with limited advancement opportunities.