Northern Tool + Equipment

www.northerntool.com
There are newer employer reviews for Northern Tool + Equipment

Where are the leaders?

I have been working at Northern Tool + Equipment

Pros

The people at Northern are kind and hard working. My hats off to those who give me a reason to come into work. Also, some of the senior staff are very personal and good people.

Cons

There is a serious problem starting with the Directors on up. The cowboy mentality and Getter Down attitude has left many running for other jobs. We have lost to many good people because of this and there will be more on its way. What will be left is the ones close to retirement or too set in their ways to move along. People do work hard at Northern but they work hard reacting not enhancing.

A few simple changes can make a world of difference. Understand your employees needs and what makes them happy. Hears us, thank us, praise us, respect us.

44 Other Employee Reviews for Northern Tool + Equipment (View Most Recent)

They are not afraid to give opportunities and the freedom to make a difference.

Current Employee - Retail Merchandised in Burnsville, MN
    Current Employee - Retail Merchandised in Burnsville, MN

I have been working at Northern Tool + Equipment

Pros

Northern respects ability over cradentials and will give you the opportunity to run your own buisness.

Cons

It's a locker room mentality that does not recognize nor reward performance. You need to be self motivating to work here.

Reward performance both financilly and verbally. Each year I have had a review I have been told that "if I am not happy they will be happy to help me find a job with another company" rather than addressing the behavior that is the core of the issue.

Northern Tool

I have been working at Northern Tool + Equipment

Pros

Laid back culture, flexible working options, lots of access to Sr. Leadership

Cons

Small company with limited advancement opportunities.

There are newer employer reviews for Northern Tool + Equipment