Northern Tool + Equipment

www.northerntool.com
  www.northerntool.com
There are newer employer reviews for Northern Tool + Equipment

The working environment could be extremely difficult and stressful.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Richmond, VA
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Richmond, VA

I have been working at Northern Tool + Equipment

Pros

A wide range of products that made the job a challenge but very educational. The new products tended to sell themselves which made for good sales. Customers came from great distances to shop at the store because of the uniqueness of the merchandise.

Cons

Due to cut backs in staff the environment could be extremely difficult and stressful. Computer equipment, especially cash registers became outdated which slowed sales.

Maintain enough staff on a year round basis to operate the store. All business have cycle periods for sales in a year, but you lose sales when you have cut back too far on staff.

38 Other Employee Reviews for Northern Tool + Equipment (View Most Recent)

Great family friendly company who offers flexibility and work life balance.

Current Employee - Corporate Office  in  Burnsville, MN
    Current Employee - Corporate Office in Burnsville, MN

I have been working at Northern Tool + Equipment

Pros

Family friendly company who offers a lot of flexibility and work life balance. Managers empower employees to do best work. Very fun work environment. Core values are: Know Your Customer, Provide Value, Act With Integrity, Empower the Individual, Be Entrepreneurial, Have Fun. The company definitely lives by these values. The Kotula family is amazing!

Cons

Smaller company (400 employees at corp HQ) so not a lot of options for moving up the corporate ladder quickly, however you definitely are able to grow in your positon and take on more responsibility.

Keep doing what you're doing! One thing I have noticed is that I don't think all department heads live by the core values as much as others and certain areas might be a bit more rigid than others. I absolutely love my department, management team, etc. and hope that others have as great of a mangement team as my group.

Where are the leaders?

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Burnsville, MN
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Burnsville, MN

I have been working at Northern Tool + Equipment

Pros

The people at Northern are kind and hard working. My hats off to those who give me a reason to come into work. Also, some of the senior staff are very personal and good people.

Cons

There is a serious problem starting with the Directors on up. The cowboy mentality and Getter Down attitude has left many running for other jobs. We have lost to many good people because of this and there will be more on its way. What will be left is the ones close to retirement or too set in their ways to move along. People do work hard at Northern but they work hard reacting not enhancing.

A few simple changes can make a world of difference. Understand your employees needs and what makes them happy. Hears us, thank us, praise us, respect us.

There are newer employer reviews for Northern Tool + Equipment

Worked for Northern Tool + Equipment? Contribute to the Community!