Northern Tool + Equipment
www.northerntool.com Burnsville, MN 1000 to 5000 Employees

The working environment could be extremely difficult and stressful.

Richmond, VA

ProsA wide range of products that made the job a challenge but very educational. The new products tended to sell themselves which made for good sales. Customers came from great distances to shop at the store because of the uniqueness of the merchandise.

ConsDue to cut backs in staff the environment could be extremely difficult and stressful. Computer equipment, especially cash registers became outdated which slowed sales.

Advice to Senior ManagementMaintain enough staff on a year round basis to operate the store. All business have cycle periods for sales in a year, but you lose sales when you have cut back too far on staff.

Where are the leaders?

Burnsville, MN

I have been working at Northern Tool + Equipment

Pros: The people at Northern are kind and hard working. My hats off to those who give me… Cons: There is a serious problem starting with the Directors on up. The cowboy mentality and Getter Down attitude has left many running for… Advice to Senior Management: A few simple changes can make a world of difference. Understand your employees… More

They are not afraid to give opportunities and the freedom to make a difference.

Retail Merchandised (Current Employee)
    Burnsville, MN

I have been working at Northern Tool + Equipment

Pros: Northern respects ability over cradentials and will give you the… Cons: It's a locker room mentality that does not recognize nor reward… Advice to Senior Management: Reward performance both financilly and verbally. Each year I have had a review I have been told that "if I am not happy they… More
There are newer reviews on Northern Tool + Equipment.

Worked for Northern Tool + Equipment? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Northern Tool + Equipment reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Northern Tool + Equipment CEO Donald L. Kotula. All reviews posted anonymously by Northern Tool + Equipment employees.