Northern Tool + Equipment

www.northerntool.com

The working environment could be extremely difficult and stressful.

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Richmond, VA

ProsA wide range of products that made the job a challenge but very educational. The new products tended to sell themselves which made for good sales. Customers came from great distances to shop at the store because of the uniqueness of the merchandise.

ConsDue to cut backs in staff the environment could be extremely difficult and stressful. Computer equipment, especially cash registers became outdated which slowed sales.

Advice to Senior ManagementMaintain enough staff on a year round basis to operate the store. All business have cycle periods for sales in a year, but you lose sales when you have cut back too far on staff.

Great family friendly company who offers flexibility and work life balance.

Corporate Office (Current Employee) Burnsville, MN

I have been working at Northern Tool + Equipment

Pros: Family friendly company who offers a lot of flexibility and work life balance. Managers empower employees to do best work. Very fun work… Cons: Smaller company (400 employees at corp HQ) so not a lot of options for moving up the… Advice to Senior Management: Keep doing what you're doing! One thing I have noticed is that I don't think all department heads live by the core values as much… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Where are the leaders?

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Burnsville, MN

I have been working at Northern Tool + Equipment

Pros: The people at Northern are kind and hard working. My hats off to those who give me… Cons: There is a serious problem starting with the Directors on up. The cowboy mentality and Getter Down attitude has left many running for… Advice to Senior Management: A few simple changes can make a world of difference. Understand your employees… More
There are newer reviews on Northern Tool + Equipment.

Worked for Northern Tool + Equipment? Contribute to the Community!