Northern Trust

www.northerntrust.com
  www.northerntrust.com
There are newer employer reviews for Northern Trust

Worst place I have ever worked

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I worked at Northern Trust

Pros

There are no good things about working for Northern Trust. Worked for many years and have never worked at a place where I could not find a single good quality about the place.

Cons

The absolute worst working enviorment in my career. Do not trust management, HR, or the Human Relations Department they do not protect the employees they will back managment only. Stay clear of the Fund Administration Department. The Head of the Fund Admin change about 2 years ago department went downhill from there. Without a doubt the current head only manages his mangers and is clueless as to what goes on in his department. He stays in his office with his door shut and has no interaction with anyone but managers. The manager I reported to has absolutely no managment skills, and without a doubt a big zero when it comes to people skills. She lacks interaction with her team much like her direct report plops in her chair and does not converse with her team at all. Holds useless meetings not a very well liked individual. They work you like a dog too many hours too little pay. Pay is terrible raises what raises. Bonus are really not existent if you want to call what they give a bonus. My advice stay as far away from Northern Trust as you can no job is better than working at Northern Trust.

There is no advice you could give management there they are too egotistical and would not listen to what the employee has to say.

528 Other Employee Reviews for Northern Trust (View Most Recent)

No creativity, no problem solving abilities needed.

I have been working at Northern Trust

Pros

My immediate manager and his manager a very unique, talented and intelligent people in comparision to the rest of the organization

Cons

Doing things the way they have always been done, for the sole reason that they have always been done that way, is the norm. Nobody wants to stick their head out. You move up within the organization by not failing, but if you do fail, rarely are there consequences.

Current initiatives based upon improving performance based upon employee suggestions is a step in the right direction. However, this organization is carrying an enormous amount of completely unproductive dead weight. There are no incentives to be productive, or successful on company initiatives. Rethinking the company incentive strategy along with the dis-incentive policy for low/poor performance would be strongly encouraged.

OK

I have been working at Northern Trust

Pros

flexible work schedule, decent vacation time (4 weeks + 2 days for officer and above).

Cons

Pay is not good. Pay increase rate doesn't even keep up with inflation.

There are newer employer reviews for Northern Trust