Northern Trust
www.northerntrust.com Chicago, IL 5000+ Employees

All Hands on Deck!

Vice President (Current Employee)
Chicago, IL

I have been working at Northern Trust full-time for more than a year

ProsPowerful brand recognition among target audience. Sterling reputation in volatile markets. Conservative balance sheet has kept the bank strong and solvent.

ConsCulture emphasizes compliance over initiative and innovation. Technology is many iterations behind the times and remains siloed.

Advice to Senior ManagementInvolve line managers in decision making. Reduce reliance on lower paid, lower skilled workers. Pay above market for talent. Reduce the number of meetings discussing "strategy" and spend more time problem-solving to improve business processing and client-onboarding.

Great place and working environment

Second Vice President (Current Employee)
Chicago, IL

I have been working at Northern Trust full-time for less than a year

Pros: people are very nice and humble, willing to help each… Cons: need to update the phone system Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Too conservative and does not embrace creativity or change.

Senior Investment Risk Analyst (Former Employee)
Chicago, IL

I worked at Northern Trust full-time for more than a year

Pros: Stability. Many people stay for their entire career. Cons: Too many to list but infrastructure and software are outdated.… Advice to Senior Management: You should look more to young talent and embrace new ideas. Compensation levels should be… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Northern Trust.

Worked for Northern Trust? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Northern Trust reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Northern Trust CEO Rick Waddell. All reviews posted anonymously by Northern Trust employees.