Northern Trust

www.northerntrust.com

It's a conservative bank, what did you expect?

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Chicago, IL

Pros#1 Vacation days, #2 an emphasis on charity and community service, #3 Overtime was very rare

ConsI have never worked anywhere with so many people just waiting it out for retirement, or with such a cultish deference to management in every aspect of their work life. The pay was not competitive, but then, not much is expected of you. Put all of that together and you get a stifling environment where there are 5 middle managers involved in every decision, with their main criteria being what the manager above them will accept. I constantly felt that my work was mediocre.

Advice to Senior ManagementFlatten your management structure. If you are going to lay off employees, don't give your CEO 12-17 million pay packages. Strip everyone of their titles and start over again. Give less importance to your suit and your self importance, more to your work.

On the decline in this department

I have been working at Northern Trust

Pros: Great people to work with. Cons: Hours are not family friendly. More

Not the Northern Trust of old

Compensation Consultant (Current Employee) Chicago, IL

I have been working at Northern Trust full-time for more than 10 years

Pros: Many good people work here, and the location in the… Cons: Compensation has been lagging the past 4 years, and expense controls are… Advice to Senior Management: Be careful that expense control efforts don't inadvertantly undermine productivity. No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Northern Trust.

Worked for Northern Trust? Contribute to the Community!