There are newer employer reviews for Northern Virginia Community College

Great Benefits

Current Employee - Business Manager  in  Annandale, VA
Current Employee - Business Manager in Annandale, VA

I have been working at Northern Virginia Community College full-time for more than a year

Pros

Benefits are SOOOOOO great! The College closes from December 19 and opens up on Jan 2, so you get a all that time off paid and it doesn't count against your regular vacation days. Regular vacation days = 4 weeks. You also get 3 personal days and 3 weeks sick leave. In addition you get a lot of holidays throughout the year. Also, you can take classes for free if there is an available seat. Pay is not bad, I would say its above average but not top of the income food chain. Supposedly a proposal was submitted that is going to give us better pay raises due to the high cost of living in Northern VA. The people are REALLY nice. This is a good paying, VERY STABLE job with INSANE benefits.

Cons

Wish if I made more money.

Northern Virginia Community College employees have a waaaaaaay higher cost of living than other parts of Virginia. Push to get us better cost of living raises.

32 Other Employee Reviews for Northern Virginia Community College (View Most Recent)

Admin

Current Employee - Administrative  in  Alexandria, VA
    Current Employee - Administrative in Alexandria, VA

I have been working at Northern Virginia Community College part-time for more than a year

Pros

Great places to work, and good if you going to school

Cons

nothing really its a great places to work

take care of lower people first.

Another government job

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Alexandria, VA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Alexandria, VA

I have been working at Northern Virginia Community College full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Can get away with doing very little. But some departments are flooded with work. Its ok

Cons

Upper management not in touch with employees or students. Needs leadership change

its useless

There are newer employer reviews for Northern Virginia Community College

Worked for Northern Virginia Community College? Contribute to the Community!