Northland Investment Corporation

www.northland.com
  www.northland.com
There are newer employer reviews for Northland Investment Corporation

They were a great company to work for until the last 2 years. A lot of politics to deal with and cut-throat mindset.

Current Employee - Property
Current Employee - Property

I have been working at Northland Investment Corporation full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

A lot of autonomy to perform your job well. One of the key players at the corporate office was very progressive and sincerely helped you to achieve goals.

Cons

The politics and games at the corporate office are intense. If you are not liked you won't work for them for long no matter how great you perform.

People are human and make mistakes. Let their history and performance speak before taking improper corrective action.

7 Other Employee Reviews for Northland Investment Corporation (View Most Recent)

Happy Overall, Room for Improvement

I have been working at Northland Investment Corporation full-time

Pros

*Room for growth, especially in markets with lots of properties (TX, FL)
    *Nice perks - discounted apartment for all positions, DEEPLY discounted for Maint. Lead and CM
    *Awesome people. I truly love my team - including my RM - they are most of the reason i've been here so long.
    *Year end bonuses - a lot of other companies have done away with these
    *Encouraged personal growth

Cons

*Money driven, sometimes to the extreme. Sometimes things don't get done on the property that badly need to be addressed. Lots of 'maybe next year' mentality. When things do get done, it's always to the cheapest person, even if it is not a reputable company.
    *No bonuses for ACM performance or NOI
    *No site-level ability to make concessions or negotiate rents - we often are not able to 'do the right thing' because of corporate money making mentality.
    *Low renewal bonus structure, often don't even get any because of extremely high increases and have to meet certain percentage (the high increases work not only against residents but against office staff too)
    *Salaries are lower than most other companies and raises are very small - they also make managers 'decide' their own raise, which of course puts us in an awkward situation to give more to our staffs and take less for ourselves.
    *Poor communication between departments
    *Employee salaries are often accidentally sent to the entire portfolio on certain reports.

I would love to see some more 'employee' appreciation. Yes, you offer awards sometimes, but employees want a fun day - something that shows you appreciate ALL of us rather than just a couple here and there. I would also love to see the company be more generous with the raises and bonuses, I think we would have much lower turn over if this structure was looked at more closely. I make only $9,000 more than I did as a Leasing consultant than I do as a Manager - -and at least with Leasing I got comissions. So really, I do much more work for almost the same pay. I also know I make less money than less adequate employees and have been with the company twice as long. That doesn't make sense to me. People coming from other companies already are a step ahead in pay grade because they are coming from companies that paid more. This doesn't seem right and I think this is why they lose so many good people so often.

corporate

I have been working at Northland Investment Corporation full-time

Pros

people were nice. benefits were good.

Cons

very sales oriented. So many sales did not involve commission. horrible time off schedule

pay better, listen to employees

There are newer employer reviews for Northland Investment Corporation