Northrop Grumman
3.4 of 5 1,510 reviews
careers.northropgrumman.com Falls Church, VA 5000+ Employees

Engineer V Basic Pay Scale for New Employee

Engineer V (Current Employee)
El Segundo, CA

I have been working at Northrop Grumman

ProsMilitary and defense contracts help make the transition from military life and easier one as compared to going to a straight "civilian" company. Benefits are good with respect to medical, dental, and vacation.

ConsCan have some long hours and long weeks. Depending on the program, weekends may be required. Depending on when you are hired you may not be eligible for a merit pay increase for over a year. They are only done in March and you have to be there a year before you are eligible. Remember you don't get what you deserve, you get what you negotiate. The HR folks won't want to name any numbers until you've given them all the numbers from your side. Be sure you don't take the first offer, there's more to be had for the asking.

Advice to Senior ManagementProvide pay bands to potential employees rather than doing the back and forth during the offer phase so you know whether the position is an acceptable range or not.

A solid choice for an employer, but their are better opportunities

Field Engineer (Current Employee)
Baltimore, MD

I have been working at Northrop Grumman

Pros: Job security is high and the benefits are great. A majority of the managers are nearing retirement, so if you're looking for promotion potential,… Cons: A majority of the senior managers are nearing retirement. As can be expected, their managerial styles are very conventional, which is less attractive to… Advice to Senior Management: Develop your referent power. Make work more fun... you'd… More

Potential

Mechanical Engineer II (Current Employee)
Newport News, VA

I have been working at Northrop Grumman

Pros: Options........There are many doors to walk through...Some aren't worth walking through. My group is what keeps me coming each day. My supervisor stays… Cons: Bad management.....no respect for the person....just another bean to count. Switching departments… Advice to Senior Management: Show some compassion to use floor workers. Do what… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Northrop Grumman.

Worked for Northrop Grumman? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Northrop Grumman reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Northrop Grumman CEO Wesley G. Bush. All reviews posted anonymously by Northrop Grumman employees.