Northrop Grumman

www.northropgrumman.com

Positive overall experience but not my dream job

Software Engineer II (Current Employee)

ProsYour experience will vary based on the business unit and project your work on but:
* I have had lots of opportunities to advance my career and position with in the company. If you are a competent and motivated employee you will get your chances.
* Large company with plenty of opportunity to change job roles or move laterally to another project.
* If you have good managers, they will take care of you with out-of-cycle raises and TAP bonuses.
* The leadership on my program has steadily improved in championing change, such as process improvements and weeding out a lot of sub-par employees.
* Flexible work schedule
* Easy going environment

Cons* Government contracting. Opposite of cutting edge, tons of red tape, customers who don't know what they want until you finish and they see that's not what they want, etc.
* Employees with entitled attitudes where they think just doing job is going above and beyond and get upset they don't get recognition for doing the bare minimum.
* Tuition reimbursement cap is extremely low.
* Lack of transparency from upper management.
* Hiring process is so convoluted that it is impossible to bring in quality people when you need them.
* No lateral awareness across programs and business units which results in redundant capabilities being implemented, wasting lots of tax payer money.

Advice to Senior Management* Improve transparency and communication.
* Win more contracts by not trying to unnecessarily inflate costs.
* Fix the recruiting process.
* Don't let the people who do sub-standard work coast and collect a paycheck.
* Foster a small business atmosphere within programs and projects and stop trying to push this One NG concept. One size does not fit all.

Northrop Grumman is an excellent employer and I would like to continue with them through to retirement.

Network Engineer III (Current Employee)

I have been working at Northrop Grumman

Pros: Northrop has good education benefits, the best pay of 3 companies I have worked for to date and the management (at least here locally) really… Cons: The higher corporate execs get into the weeds sometimes and make decisions that seem to be detrimental to winning business (future contracts). They seem to… Advice to Senior Management: Create an oversight board from headquarters to manage multiple division contracts so their is one decision maker without… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Good people to work with need new senior management that understands good leadership principals

Director (Current Employee)

I have been working at Northrop Grumman

Pros: Good people to work with. Cons: Hurry Hurry quick quick slow environment. People are afraid to say what they… Advice to Senior Management: Need to listen to their people and stop driving from… More
There are newer reviews on Northrop Grumman.

Worked for Northrop Grumman? Contribute to the Community!