There are newer employer reviews for Northrop Grumman

Northrop Grumman IT: Good company, good benefits, good fun.

Current Employee - Network Security Engineer in San Antonio, TX
Current Employee - Network Security Engineer in San Antonio, TX

I have been working at Northrop Grumman

Pros

The job is exciting, giving me on the job training as well professional training classes. My direct management will go out on a limb for me, asking that I just go out on a limb for them and our customers.

Cons

It's a big company, and easy to get lost in.

Advice to Management

Focus more on your employees that make you money directly than your share holders profits.

reviews filtered by
  1. An excellent company with very competitive benfits.

Former Employee - Senior Engineer in El Segundo, CA
    Former Employee - Senior Engineer in El Segundo, CA

I worked at Northrop Grumman

Pros

It's a really big company with lots of potential job opportunities. This company also has very good benefits. You can definitely be proad of what this company does and has done in the past. It has a very rich heritage. I can't really think of any significant "scandals" in its history that seem to plague so many other companies.

Cons

It's a really big company, and sometimes it can be difficult to get an opportunity to do new things because you can get "pigeon holed" as a particular kind of engineer.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work.

2. Northrop Grumman is a good, stable company.

Current Employee - Systems Analyst in San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Systems Analyst in San Diego, CA

I have been working at Northrop Grumman

Pros

This company has better benefits than other companies I have worked for and its rock solid stability in these hard economic times is a strong testament to how well managed it is. The site where I work is awesome in that there is great cooperation between team members and local management. We are treated and respected like the professionals we are. The flexible 9/80 work schedule that we're offered, where we're able to take every other Friday off ,is fantastic.

Cons

The management style of some of the business and program managers is very old school in that they are reluctant to try anything new. This is not the place to be if you want to be on the cutting edge. They also expect employees to willingly put in at least an hour or two of unpaid overtime each pay period as evidence that they are interested in contributing to the success of the company. When they make major adjustments to role assignments, they tend not to ask the impacted employees for their input.

Advice to Management

Get more involved in your employees' career aspirations and be sensitive to what their strengths and weaknesses are. Don't try to force square pegs into round holes by assigning roles on the basis of simply needing a body somewhere. It's not enough to just know what your employees' skill sets are. Know the kind of work environments they are suited for, too.