Northrop Grumman

www.northropgrumman.com
  www.northropgrumman.com
There are newer employer reviews for Northrop Grumman

Good overall from my 2 years experience in 2 different sectors with AS being better than TS

Current Employee - Test Engineer III in Lexington Park, MD
Current Employee - Test Engineer III in Lexington Park, MD

I have been working at Northrop Grumman

Pros

While some of the program leadership is not managing problems well as a company I feel very well taken care of. I was recently part of a "destaffing" and was relocated quickly to a new program in the same area which turned out to be a better move for myself.

Cons

If your good at what you do, you work alot of hours but so far I have been approved for extra pay for those hours but it strains the work/life balance.

1857 Other Employee Reviews for Northrop Grumman (View Most Recent)

Innovation is key

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Arlington, VA
    Current Employee - Software Engineer in Arlington, VA

I have been working at Northrop Grumman

Pros

Great opportunities to do different stuff, you just have to put yourself out there
    Support from upper management about getting more involved in the company and persuing activities
    Management is trying to be more "innovative" which is really (slowly) shaking things up (positively)
    Internal programs to stimulate employees being empowered to take over their own careers

Cons

If your project ends, you are out of luck. You have to find your own new position and you are given the same priority as an external employee. (although I think this situation depends on the group)
    HR center is worthless, you call for help and they just read back the literature. No deeper understanding of benefits.

Keep pursuing more modern ways of growing the company.
    Find something to do when people have gaps in charge numbers because you can really be loosing great people due to funding issues on projects.
    Employees really like getting involved in helping out

Exceptional Senior Management - Inconsistent Middle Management

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in El Segundo, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in El Segundo, CA

I worked at Northrop Grumman

Pros

Work on top programs, with bright people, in an excellent work environment

Cons

Pockets of excellence, and some pockets of surprises. The good news is word travels fast within the company, so not-so-great middle managers become known. However, when joining as a new-hire, it's daunting to determine if you'll be working for an ace manager, or a sociopath.

Minor suggestion - better feedback system on middle managers. Where there are constant complaints, there may be a management problem. High turnover in groups is also an indicator.

There are newer employer reviews for Northrop Grumman