Bureaucratic and unfulfilled promises

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Linthicum, MD
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Linthicum, MD

I have been working at Northrop Grumman

Pros

Provides a security clearance. Made some great friends among my peers. Intramural sports leagues and regular social outings. Great health benefits. OK 401K plan (you put in 4% and they'll match 2% max).

Cons

Lack of communication and feedback; managers wait until end of year to provide anything meaningful. Employees put into leadership positions without demonstrating any ability to manage people. Far behind the cutting edge. Laid off 800 people 3 times in the past 2 years.

Advice to Management

Stop laying people off while still giving upper management bonuses. Place an emphasis on providing real feedback monthly, with meaningful goal setting.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. A great group of people

Current Employee - RADCON in Newport News, VA
    Current Employee - RADCON in Newport News, VA

I have been working at Northrop Grumman

Pros

E85 was a very family oriented work place. I enjoyed my time there. There is always continuous training for the employees.

Cons

Compared to other areas, the pay could be increased for the radiologial controls department. Raised should be based more off of work completed.

Advice to Management

I loved my management. I dont really have anything negative to say. Management has always helped and advised as needed.

Surrounded by average intellingence yet overpaid people

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in El Segundo, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in El Segundo, CA

I have been working at Northrop Grumman

Pros

It's very hard to get fired. You get an annual raise ever year 2-4%. Good benefits. It' s a good place if you want to veg and collect reasonable pay for it.

Cons

It's equally hard to get a promotion. The laziness of some people is impressive. A very bad place to be if you are an overachiever. Upper mgmt care more about their benefits and power than their people and quality work.

Advice to Management

If you want to be competitive, find a way to reduce all the director and VP fighting. You must also reduce the HR departments power. The hardest thing will be eliminating the culture the rewards mediocrity and stifles change and progress.