There are newer employer reviews for Northrop Grumman

Northrop Grumman, Not a bad place to work if money isn't the most important to you.

Current Employee - Quality Assurance Analyst in Carson, CA
Current Employee - Quality Assurance Analyst in Carson, CA

I have been working at Northrop Grumman

Pros

Working for a large corporation has been good to me. I feel a sense of security, I have benefits and a decent work-life balance. Sometimes I think that in defense contracting, there are limits for younger employees. There are many forty and fifty year-olds making the management decisions. I think communication is not always effective, where office gossip provides more information than you'll hear from management. There are no bonuses or commissions that are earned when one is a full-time, salaried employee. It's nice to get tuition reimbursement, though its at the rate of the Cal State Universities. If you go to a private school, count on paying most of the cost yourself.

Cons

I don't think the pay is where it should be.

Advice to Management

I would like opportunity and feedback so I can grow in responsibilities and challenges.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. Decent across the board, but nothing special to the lower tiered workers

Former Employee - Software Engineer II in Los Angeles, CA
    Former Employee - Software Engineer II in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at Northrop Grumman

Pros

Big corporation which means job security and higher starting salaries.

Cons

just another face in the crowd, no room to really shine.

Advice to Management

Provide better job descriptions for people entering the company, sometimes what people were hired to and and what they were assigned to once hired were two different things.

I can think of worse places to work, but not many.

Current Employee - Senior Member of Technical Staff in Redondo Beach, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Member of Technical Staff in Redondo Beach, CA

I have been working at Northrop Grumman

Pros

If you are the type of person who likes to work 40 hours a week and then go home aerospace is the industry for you. NGST is no exception to this rule.

Cons

Corporate culture is stuck in the 1960's. There is very little design change since everything has "heritage" and the reason for keeping things the way they are is simply given as "that's how we have always done it". There is very little straying from the norm in any design. If you like to try to change corporate culture this isn't the place for you.

Advice to Management

Try to get rid of the culture of "that's they way it is" and allow change into the culture. At the current rate all of NGST's products will be outdated and the company will be unable to perform in the future.