Northrop Grumman

www.northropgrumman.com

Northrop Grumman, Not a bad place to work if money isn't the most important to you.

Current Employee - Quality Assurance Analyst  in  Carson, CA
Current Employee - Quality Assurance Analyst in Carson, CA

Pros

Working for a large corporation has been good to me. I feel a sense of security, I have benefits and a decent work-life balance. Sometimes I think that in defense contracting, there are limits for younger employees. There are many forty and fifty year-olds making the management decisions. I think communication is not always effective, where office gossip provides more information than you'll hear from management. There are no bonuses or commissions that are earned when one is a full-time, salaried employee. It's nice to get tuition reimbursement, though its at the rate of the Cal State Universities. If you go to a private school, count on paying most of the cost yourself.

Cons

I don't think the pay is where it should be.

I would like opportunity and feedback so I can grow in responsibilities and challenges.

Other reviews for Northrop Grumman

Harder workers than the Government client...but not as professionally ambition in all cases.

Former Employee - Senior Software Engineer  in  Dayton, OH
    Former Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Dayton, OH

Pros

It is a great place if you want to only work your 40 hours and do other things with no clear career progression while still moving up the ladder from a job title perspective.

Cons

Most of the folks are legacy individuals...meaning...there is an inability to move into management if that is the career path you wish to take.

Be willing to give employees with drive, ambition, and aptitude some of your responsibilities. This will allow you to spend more time to grow the company while simultaneously growing the employees professionally.

Good place to work if you just care about flexibility, but not so much if you want to work on innovative products.

Current Employee - Software Engineer III  in  Carson, CA
    Current Employee - Software Engineer III in Carson, CA

Pros

Time is very flexible and the atmosphere is laid back. We have a 9/80 schedule that allows us to take every other Friday off.

Cons

Little opportunity for growth and creativity. I find myself doing the same thing over and over again for every task. Most of my energy is spent dealing with politics rather than developing. If you work here and want to retain your intelligence, I suggest doing a side project to keep your mind fresh.

Take more control of the customer. You are getting paid more money than us regular engineers, yet you cause 90% of the problems with the customer.

There are newer employer reviews for Northrop Grumman.

Worked for Northrop Grumman? Contribute to the Community!