Northrop Grumman

www.northropgrumman.com
  www.northropgrumman.com
There are newer employer reviews for Northrop Grumman

Northrop Grumman, Not a bad place to work if money isn't the most important to you.

Current Employee - Quality Assurance Analyst in Carson, CA
Current Employee - Quality Assurance Analyst in Carson, CA

I have been working at Northrop Grumman

Pros

Working for a large corporation has been good to me. I feel a sense of security, I have benefits and a decent work-life balance. Sometimes I think that in defense contracting, there are limits for younger employees. There are many forty and fifty year-olds making the management decisions. I think communication is not always effective, where office gossip provides more information than you'll hear from management. There are no bonuses or commissions that are earned when one is a full-time, salaried employee. It's nice to get tuition reimbursement, though its at the rate of the Cal State Universities. If you go to a private school, count on paying most of the cost yourself.

Cons

I don't think the pay is where it should be.

I would like opportunity and feedback so I can grow in responsibilities and challenges.

1859 Other Employee Reviews for Northrop Grumman (View Most Recent)

Going into the future, Northrop Grumman is a good place to work.

Current Employee - Aerospace Structures Design Engineer in El Segundo, CA
    Current Employee - Aerospace Structures Design Engineer in El Segundo, CA

I have been working at Northrop Grumman

Pros

A solid company with challenging assignments, flexible hours, and fair compensation. The division leaders try hard to move people into assignment that fit their desires. When job duties are complete, they work hard to place you into a new assignment that fits your interests. Once a quarter the company sponsers an employee appreciation lunch with free food and live music. The company gives you lots of opportunity to learn more about your area as well as other areas of the business. There is a wide range of multicultural and multi-ethnic groups working together to make this a good place to work and a good place to learn.

Cons

Manufacturing of our products are not always done here at our facility. Sometimes you can work for years on things and never get to see the finished product. A picture is not the same thing.

People work best if they are allowed to make a schedule that is approved by management and then we follow it. It makes no sense to make a schedule then try and cut 25 percent off of it.

Warm feelings for Northrop Grumman

Current Employee - Systems Engineer in Washington, DC
    Current Employee - Systems Engineer in Washington, DC

I have been working at Northrop Grumman

Pros

Company seems to do the right thing more often than not. Develop advanced technology. Pride in Product and Services delivered to our Nation

Cons

Large Company and all the baggage that it brings

Take time to talk to get to know each of your employees on a regular basis. Ask them about their ideas and concerns.

There are newer employer reviews for Northrop Grumman