There are newer employer reviews for Northrop Grumman

Hello

Current Employee - Engineer V in El Segundo, CA
Current Employee - Engineer V in El Segundo, CA

I have been working at Northrop Grumman

Pros

The co-workers are awesome, and sometimes I am allowed to Telecommmute! I love that the Concur Expense Reports are paid within 2 days!!!

Cons

Cross training. I wish the Expense Reports did not need every little, tiny detail explained!!! My cubicle sucks, and I wish I could increase the tele-commuting days!

Please fix transferring within the company!!!

1808 Other Employee Reviews for Northrop Grumman (View Most Recent)

Retire here, but do NOT start out here!!!!

Current Employee - Optical Engineer in Woodland Hills, CA
    Current Employee - Optical Engineer in Woodland Hills, CA

I have been working at Northrop Grumman

Pros

Good place to get your foot in the door and understand the DOD industry. There are cool things to work on at OTHER facilities. If you have a PHD, you will enjoy some of your work. If you don't, you get no respect.

Cons

If you are talented and hard-working, you will never be rewarded nor adequately compensated. Managers are incompetent and not trained. Lab equipment is antiquated; it could be 30 years old or older. You will never get new equipment. If you are finally approved for new equipment, a new model # will be out, or the item will no longer be for sale. You do not have any type of profit-sharing or bonus plan. There are NO bonuses, so your base pay is all you get. Raises are only about 5% each year if you are lucky, and there is no adjustment for inflation. So in essence, you may be losing purchasing power after your raise. Over half the work staff is eligible to retire. The average age is over 50!!!

Listen to your new employees and start fostering an open, educational atmosphere.

Listen to the little guys.

Current Employee - Designer II in Newport News, VA
    Current Employee - Designer II in Newport News, VA

I have been working at Northrop Grumman

Pros

I work with a professionals that are good at their jobs and are willing to help you if you get stuck on a problem. The immediate supervisors understand what we do and why we do it. We are encouraged to seek out and make improvements in processes and procedures. Overall, it is a good place to work.

Cons

Sometimes the politics of such a big company can keep some of the better improvements from being implemented and the tools they give us are not as good as they say they are. Also, salaries have not quite kept up with the cost of living in our area.

Listen to the lower tiers of your employees and maybe spend a little more helping them than just trying to get a better bottom line for the company. Having good stock returns doesn't help feed me to day.

There are newer employer reviews for Northrop Grumman